DIRECTV question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes , Buy your own equipment for the full price,and install your own equipment. Or buy OWNED,used equipment off of Ebay ,and you can also get D* service without a contract.

yea but you will still be on a "Programming Commitment" they will get you either way.

I know that in MDU markets (Multi Dwelling Units, ie. apartments) that you can do a month to month agreement, but there are several downsides. (I'm not sure about regular residential service, but I have to assume there is something similar to the monthly lease plan for MDU.) You don't get any service rebates so you pay the full amount for all services. There is no rebate on any equipment, an SD receiver is around $70, HD or SD DVR is $100 and HD DVR is $200. You don't get free install, so unless you can install it yourself you are paying a minimum of $70 for that. Unless you know for sure that you will be cancelling service in a few months all those fees easily eclipse the amortized $240 ETF. If you have a 2 year commitment and cancel after one year, you are only on the hook for $120, that's less than the cost of install and one SD receiver not to mention paying at least $10 a month more for your service. I know the contract looks scary, but you can quickly offset the cost of the ETF compared to the alternative.

yea but you will still be on a "Programming Commitment" they will get you either way.
No a programming commitment is what you are commited to when Leasing Equipment. You are not ever commited to equipment.
You can downgrade every HD DVR in your house to 1 D12 receiver while under a contract.
Programming Commitments are ONLY required when you are LEASING equipment.
If you own your own Equipment you can do as you please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts