Directv Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
I've had Direct since Nov '10 and love it. Recently I went back to having cable internet and since then I've been having a problem with my VOD. The first day I had the cable internet I hooked my wireless cable modem gateway to my HR22-100 and it connected to the internet and I was downloading VOD programming in minutes without a problem. Yesterday I noticed that a program had stopped downloading, so I reset the receiver and the modem and since then I've been getting a code 22. Called in and talked to a two techs but to no avail. The last one said he escalated the call, I am not sure what he meant, and told me to contact my ISP to see if my modem is working. I did that and the modem is working (connected it to my pc). Is there something I am missing? Also noticed that I get an error when I run a system test, dish out of alignment. Netgear CG814GCMR modem

I forgot to add that I do have a DECA adapter that the tech left here and told me to keep it. At the moment I only have a single receiver, should I hook up the adapter or should I leave it the way it currently is? Cat5e cable is plugged into the top port of my dvr.

My installer wasn't what I'd call the good with networking, but he did say that I shouldn't connect the Cat5e network cable into the port on my DVR. Instead it is connected to the DECA from my router. Mine works great both VOD downloading and Directv2PC viewing across the network.

Some ISP's limit the amount you download and if the VOD put it over the top they might have done something to cut off some of your downloading or that device from downloading. Just guessing, but that might be why your PC shows it working and the DVR doesn't.

Thanks I will try and hook it up through the DECA module and see if that works. If it doesn't I will be re-posting. Thanks again for the help and all the tips I get from this forum.

Well, still nothing. I called and the agent said that 90% likely that the DVR ethernet jack is nothing working right. I noticed today that the cable light went out on my modem when the receiver was testing the connection and after the test the light came back on, so the agent suggested that it was the receiver but have to wait 24-72 hours to see what the escalation department does. Still think Direct is better than cable that I previous had and all agents have been helpful and nice so I feel satisfied so far.

I must re-iterate that you likely shouldn't be using the port on your DVR but rather the DECA port. Have you tried to set it up that way? You need power to the DECA, a working network connection (Cat5 for example from your modem) and the coax connected. Then you may want to re-setup your network connection on your DVR.

I did forget to add in my post that I did test the connection using my deca setup also and was still getting the same error. The agent told me that it is not normal and they are either sending a tech out or replacing the receiver. Thanks for the help. I also made sure my modem/router was set up to receive DCHP.

I hope it works out. Sometimes parts go bad and it takes a tech to make it right. Good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)