Directv question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
I have dish Network .......... AT&T is buying Directv I'm billed by AT&T so pretty sure at some point they are going to make me switch to Directv. So my question for you is are you allowed three of these Genie things and as many joey type gismo thingamobobs as you want. (sorry didn't know what they were called.) Because I have Three hoppers and 4 joeys. I Don't know anything at all about directv!!

They can't make you switch.

You're allowed one Genie, and up to eight Minis. You can also add more DVRs until your home is fill with 'em.

I am never switching How could you ever expect a customer to switch from 3 hoppers to one hopper type device

I will just pay two separate bills if it comes down to it. Thank you so much for answering my questions.

I am never switching How could you ever expect a customer to switch from 3 hoppers to one hopper type device

Someone who prefers a little better picture, or someone with specific channels needs, like any sports fan in the metro NYC area.

You are losing a tuner on the Genie when you are using a client.

Fair enough. It is interesting that someone would need 15 tuners, but to each their own. As the commercials say, Dish auto records the networks, so there's some space you're gaining.

Directv has what's called Whole Home DVR system,that means that you can have 1 5-tuner Genie(preferably the HR44) & as many 2-tuner HD DVR's(HR-24's) as you can handle(you'd need a SWM-16 multi-switch if your combination of Genie/DVR's exceeds the 8 tuner limit that the single cable SWM LNB alone allows. Solid Signal even sells this if you go above 16 tuners http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...WM32-(SWM32KIT)&c=Multiswitches&sku=&more=yes . This is essentially 2 SWM 16 multi-switched connected together). Directv allows you to have both the Genie & regular HD DVR's on your account unlike Dish who does not allow you to have a Hopper set up with the ViP 722k(it's either the Hopper with Joeys or ViP 722k's WITHOUT the ability to see each other 722k's recordings).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts