directv R10 Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rwings01

Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hello all, I just purchased this unit, but don't have a land line. I use a cell phone, can I use the recording features on this unit? The rep at BB told me there shouldn't be a problem. He also said that you don't need the phone line connected for Sports packages ex NFL etc....Can anyone chime into this for me?

Thanks In Advancc

I don't think there should be a problem, more and more peoples use cell instead of the regular home phone, especially peoples live at mobile home are doing so. I did many installation for mobile home without any problem for activation on DTV, but the jerks at Dish is difference, they knew there more peoples no home phone, but I think they just wanted the added $5.00 a month from customers, thats $60.00 a year, if there 10,000 customer use no home phone, they gain over half million dollars in a year for a top excecutive salary.
Charlie is a EL CHEAPO.

In order to activate the recording options on the R10 you will have to have the receiver call in on a land line. After that it will work fine.

davidrumm said:
In order to activate the recording options on the R10 you will have to have the receiver call in on a land line. After that it will work fine.

Note, you can do this somewhere with a land line that DOESN'T have DirecTV, like a Friend's house.

take it to a friends to have it dial out for the first time, after that...you are golden. You don't need a landline for any sports subscriptions or PVV if you order them online.

i also picked up one of the R10 receivers, and was happy to see that it worked out of the box over vonage. my HR10-250 didn't so I have to use the serial connection.

sksatellite said:
I don't think there should be a problem, more and more peoples use cell instead of the regular home phone, especially peoples live at mobile home are doing so. I did many installation for mobile home without any problem for activation on DTV, but the jerks at Dish is difference, they knew there more peoples no home phone, but I think they just wanted the added $5.00 a month from customers, thats $60.00 a year, if there 10,000 customer use no home phone, they gain over half million dollars in a year for a top excecutive salary.
Charlie is a EL CHEAPO.

This is true. Don't ya just love all of the "hidden" fees that Charlie has come up with? :mad: I can barely remember the days when Dish was much cheaper than Directv. Boy, how times have changed there.

DTV-no landline

Hogarth said:
Note, you can do this somewhere with a land line that DOESN'T have DirecTV, like a Friend's house.

If your friends house doesn't have DTV how do you make it call. Will it automatically call by just plugging the unit in and hooking up the phone line. Or do you need to hook up the unit to a tv. Also, is this something that takes a few minutes or do you have to leave it overnight. Thanks. SS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts