DirecTV R15 + archiving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

meontheinternet

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Can somebody explain, or point me to a good reference, of my options for burning recordings to DVD with the DirecTV R15 receiver?

I have an R15 and see that it has USB hookups - are those for hooking up external DVD burners? What about external harddrives? What about linking to a computer via USB to copy the recording?

Just wondering if I have any options for archiving with the R15.

I have only read bad things about the R15, so my guess is I have no archive options at all, but I thought I would ask. =(

Thank you!

Last edited:
Right now the only way is by recording off the R15 to a dvd burner. At the moment there is no way to copy (as a file) from the R15 to any other device. There has been some press about D* and Microsoft making a deal so that you will be able to watch programs recorded on your R15 and other D* branded non TiVo dvrs on computers and other compatible media.

Hi,

Can somebody point me to any documentation that would have my ReplayTV work with DirecTV?

gee said:
Hi, Can somebody point me to any documentation that would have my ReplayTV work with DirecTV?

What type of help are you looking for? What make and model DirecTV receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)