DIRECTV Receiver Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BIGEYE

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Upstate S.C.
I've just had DIRECTV install 5 HD recievers in a bar for a customer of mine and I'm having problems with the remotes. The 5 receivers are in a media closet and each one is connected to it's own HD Flat Panel TV. I also have 5 DIRECTV remotes that came with each receiver. My problem is that I can't change channels on an individual receiver/TV because all the remotes seem to transmit via the same frequency and every receiver responds to remote commands all at once. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem so that I can be able to control each receiver independently ? Thanks !

Either get RF remote controls, that allows each receiver to have it's own remote, no conficts, also means you don't need line of site to the receivers from the remote. Otherwise go to the remote function under the setup menus and select advanced setup for instructions on what to do.

With the HD DVR’s and receivers, you have the ability to setup receivers with 8 different IR codes now. All H2x & HR2x (20/21/22/23) and R22’s now have this feature.

To set it up you first need to select Menu > Parental Favorites & Setup > System Setup > Remote > Advanced Setups. Next enter a dash in the box to get to continue.

Then you can set which code the receiver will be using, the choices are Receiver 1 - 8. On the last screen you can pick the code to program the remote with, from 00001 – 00008.

Last edited:
With the HDDVR’s, you have the ability to setup receivers with 8 different IR codes now. All HR20/21/22/23’s and R22’s now have this feature.

ALL the H2x receivers do the same IR thing AND are RF capable - which from the OP's post sounds like exactly what he has...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)