DirecTV receiver w/ low speed data port?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonyt

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Are there any that have this port that will work with the TiVO home control cable?

There are no current receivers that have it. I have a 6year old RCA and a 8 year old Sony that work with my Replay that way.

tonyt said:
So the D10 or the RCA DRD435RH wouldn't work?
Those are not current production receivers. The D10 had a port marked low speed but I remember some old posts about problems with TiVo, you could try searching forums.:)

I have two d10-100 and they both work with the low speed data port.
(with a SA tivo) The D10-200 and 300 don't work)

boba said:
Those are not current production receivers. The D10 had a port marked low speed but I remember some old posts about problems with TiVo, you could try searching forums.:)
D10s are certainly considered current production receivers! The D10 and D10-200 have serial (low speed data) ports as does the H10.

The problems you refer to with D10s and DVRs (both TiVo and ReplayTV) was teh inability fo the D10 to tune to 2 digit channels-wiping out any recording of local channels. One of the updates late last year corrected that problem and DVRs can now access 2 digit channels through D10s again.

So I could get a D10 whether it be a -200 or -300 it'll work with TIVO?

tonyt,

Quoting martin1, 'I have two d10-100 and they both work with the low speed data port. (with a SA tivo) The D10-200 and 300 don't work)' .. so based on that, my guess would be only (out of the D10 series) the D10-100 will work with tivo through the LSDP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)