Directv Reciever in Argentina

Status
Please reply by conversation.

julioubide

Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
I have a D10-300 Directv reciever in my home in Miami that I do not use any longer. I would like to take it to my home in Argentina and use it in my guest room with an extra access card I have there in Argentina. Will this reciever work down there.

I doubt HIGHHHHHHHHHHHLY that you will get decent signal down that far. The footprint is super accurate these days on D*.

-B

I already have directv service in Argentina but I just thought the reciever would be able to work with an Argentine access card to recieve the Latin American satellite. I am sorry I just do not know much about this type of technology.

They are picky on access card usage. I wanted to activate an old receiver (freebie from neighbor)

Long story short. I had to order a fresh access card. They wouldn't let me use the old one. I'd ask everyone in the D* forum.

I already have directv service in Argentina but I just thought the reciever would be able to work with an Argentine access card to recieve the Latin American satellite. I am sorry I just do not know much about this type of technology.

You have nothing to lose ............ Try it ! ( besides lugging it to South America )

It is a unique situation , you have service for Direct TV Latin America in Argentina and want to use an American Direct TV Receiver.

If you try it , let us know if it works.

I would think that if you contacted Direct TV Latin America to see if the receiver is compatible they may have a better answer .

Access cards are married to a receiver and customer. Once activated a card has to remain in that machine and under the same owners account. I do not think there is a technical reason for this, only DTV policy.

Directv SA is a different service using different satellites. I don't believe the american receivers are compatible with the SA system nothing to do with access cards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.