This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Directv Recievers - STB Services Port Error Message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have been having issues pulling up some of the Directv apps. lately so I decided to run a system test in the receiver menu. Both in my HR24/500 and a HR23 or HR22 can't remember the other box. When I look over the internet related test results, they both say internet connected via ethernet but under STB Services Port there is a yellow exclamation mark and it says N/A (202).
Could still explain why on my older receiver, even though it's connected to internet fine, when I try to view the apps I get a service unavailable 5 message?
Is the N/A (202) anything I should be concerned with?
Thanks!

That is a common error that has been in the software for a couple years. They say the STB Services is not used and disregard the error.

What "apps" are not working? Somethings don't work until up to 24 hours after a reboot.

on one of my receivers none of them work, I get an error message 5, on the HR24 my local radar (weather app) hasn't been loading, FB app works most of the time. The radar app says my correct zip code isn't in (options) but it is.
Thanks for input on the services port error message! i suspected as much, since I thought I had seen it in the past.

Update: Well I reset the error 5 message HDDVR and the apps are now working and the NOAA Weather Radar app still isn't recognizing my area (zip code) even though it has been set in the options section

Update: Well I reset the error 5 message HDDVR and the apps are now working and the NOAA Weather Radar app still isn't recognizing my area (zip code) even though it has been set in the options section

I had that problem earlier today but it is working fine now. The other day apps wasn't working all together but the usual magic reset button fixed it all up..

Status
Please reply by conversation.