Directv Referral Program Question and Changing Packages Online (Rebates?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluemonick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hi,

I have a question regarding Directv's Referral Offer. I have some friends that might join/create new Directv service, but Im not sure exactly when it will be? Is there some type of notfiication in your Directv online account via "Recent Activity"/"Email"/etc.? Is there a place online to see everyone you have referred to date? I am unsure on this as my month's bill has been already generated but I don't know where to check referral status.

Also, I have seen in most posts different answers regarding changing base programming packages online. I am assuming you can change online the big four ADVERTISED packages of Choice, Choice Xtra, Choice Ultimate, Premier. For example, as far as I know you an change from Choice Xtra to Choice completely online, is this correct?

I am assuming Family/Select package require a phone call. In this situation, does D* charge an downgrade/phone assist fee?

Ok, Rebates question. Really hard finding out what the "qualifying programming required" is to continue to recieve rebates ( Im assuming choice and above?) Right now D* new customer offer is the normal $31 off for first year including email signup + $16 off the second year of rebates. So is it safe to assume if I change to an Select/SelectChoice/Family Package on month 10 for example, I LOSE ALL MY $16 second year rebates?

Thanks for answer to these quesitons as I searched forum (google +satelliteguys.us search string), and have yet to find these answers!

Much Appreciated,
-Blue

Last edited:
I have a question regarding Directv's Referaal Offer. I have some friends that might join/create new Directv service, but Im not sure exactly when it will be? Is there some type of notfiication in your Directv online account via "Recent Activity"/"Email"/etc.? Is there a place online to see everyone you have referred to date? I am unsure on this as my month's bill has been already generated but I don't know where to check referral status.
if you have e-mail on file with D* you get an e-mail. Per an e-mail I have it is labelled "Your DIRECTV $100 Referral Credit" and has a simple email of "your friend, ___________________, just activated their DIrectv service. You will receive $100 in credits which will start on your next bill"

Also, I have seen in most posts different answers regarding changing base programming packages online. I am assuming you can change online the big four ADVERTISED packages of Choice, Choice Xtra, Choice Ultimate, Premier. For example, as far as I know you an change from Choice Xtra to Choice completely online, is this correct?
yep

I am assuming Family/Select package require a phone call. In this situation, does D* charge an downgrade/phone assist fee?
no fee but if you change packages you have to keep it for 30 days

Ok, Rebates question. Really hard finding out what the "qualifying programming required" is to continue to recieve rebates ( Im assuming choice and above?) Right now D* new customer offer is the normal $31 off for first year including email signup + $16 off the second year of rebates. So is it safe to assume if I change to an Select/SelectChoice/Family Package on month 10 for example, I LOSE ALL MY $16 second year rebates?
yes. You need Choice at minimum to keep the rebate

Is this it: http://i53.tinypic.com/14vitsz.jpg ??

I ask because I was referred by another user within the last month. I don't know if this email is FOR ME REFERRING ANOTHER USER, or just saying "thanking me for being referred by someone else"?? Basically, do they send a email to confirm your "signup" referral offer (already recieved this month's bill) or is this a referee signup confirmation WITHOUT the "your friend, ________" blah blah??

Thanks for reply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)