DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My rsn are still on for tomorrow. Though I do look forward to better pq. I do not see much more hd added on these even though they will be considered 27/7 hd. I think most of these will still be game only for now until more hd will be put on these.

yeah i don't get it. they're changing these rsn's to hd 24 but yet they are only for games. i thought all the content showing in the regular rsn channel would be shown in the new 24hr HD rsn's? why make them 24 7?

yeah i don't get it. they're changing these rsn's to hd 24 but yet they are only for games. i thought all the content showing in the regular rsn channel would be shown in the new 24hr HD rsn's? why make them 24 7?
It is on air 24/7. They are not game only. Like all HD stations, that does not mean that every program is in HD.

It is on air 24/7. They are not game only. Like all HD stations, that does not mean that every program is in HD.
Exactly, HUGE difference IMO. Maybe not a huge difference in the number of hours of HD content shown (even though in most cases there a difference in that case as well), its the difference in total programming shown. To alot of sports fans that makes all the difference. As it will to me in about 2 weeks

What besides games will be shown in hd??

I know that Fox Sports has built a new studio in Houston but I am still not clear what else will be in hd.

i'm fine with the fact that like with almost every other hd channel that there will be things in sd on them. just as long as i can tune to them at any time to find content.

What besides games will be shown in hd??

I know that Fox Sports has built a new studio in Houston but I am still not clear what else will be in hd.
Some of the pre and post game shows in some markets, but most non game broadcast are SD. But the upconverted SD on an HD station looks a lot better.

Some of the pre and post game shows in some markets, but most non game broadcast are SD. But the upconverted SD on an HD station looks a lot better.

that's still better than what we have now. i'm happy with that. it's still an improvement.

FSN North HD and FSN Rocky Mountain HD took a while to show picture (had a "technical difficulties" slide up until about 6:45 am Central). But everything else is running smoothly.

Seems like a waste of space to make 18, yes EIGHTEEN, pay per view channels, when there are channels like Hbo that could be added. Who watches all those pay per view channels anyway. At least DISH has the right idea and puts the pay per views on your hard drive and you can access them when you want. That way you can use your valuable satellite bandwith for more REAL hd channels.

It was posted last night at the other site that FSN Ohio, FSN Florida and FSN Cincinnati would be delayed. No reason was given and no time frame when they would show up was mentioned either.

Well, don't worry, they gave us 3 extra PPVs so they could say 130 in the mean time :(

I'm glad I slept in, full well expecting disappointment.

If you have the satellite in space testing, and know you're getting capacity by an estimated date, why not get the contracts in place ahead of time.

This is flat out disappointing. Poor Execution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)