DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All? So Planet Green, ABC Familiy, Showtime Extreme, and Showtime Showcase are RSNs or PPV?

Hype? Their PR said this is exactly what they are going to be doing. The only ones to have hyped this up are those that were expecting more despite what the release stated or those that love to complain just of the sake of complaining?

Actually, they fell short on three RSNs, so they didn't do exactly what they said they would do. :hungry:

Hey , Enjoy ! More power to you guys. :) If I thought High priced sports packs were my thing ,I'd still have D*. But I don't time to watch 30 RSNs.
I will enjoy. Thank you very much!

With Direct now having 4 more national (non premium, non RSN, non PPV, non VOD) channels than Dish with many many more coming in the next few weeks; with Direct soon to catch or surpass them in the premium department (although I can care less); with Direct offering much more of what I enjoy (sports), I will enjoy this.

2 more HDs for me today with many more to come in the next month. I will enjoy. Again, Thank you very much for your consideration! :up

Directv is waiting for a better feed from HBO (MPEG4) before they add them. They will come. They could rush them out now and have everyone complain about the picture.

I won't complain about the picture. If it is as good as HBO HD or any of the Starz HD channels I'll take it. When the feed is improved, then I'll be happy to get a higher bitrate. Please cite your source that DirecTV is wating for a better feed from HBO. I would honestly like to see this. I don't believe or disbelieve you, I just have never seen the press release on this.

Hemi I forget but how FXHD and Speed HD's pq with Dish oh wait I forgot Fox hates E* nevermind so much for E* and D* carrying the same channels.

Why did we get the green planet over Travel channel hd .The next big move should add Travel HD and Fox news HD. Those are big name channels. Dish has Travel HD and Comast has Fox news HD.

I agree with you 100%

I cannot believe they added Planet Green HD over Travel Channel HD and didn't even add Fox News HD either.

The same as your Travel HD ,WGN HD and the 12 HBO and Cinemaxes that D* doesn't have . But then again, D* also has 2 SD versions of MTV,VH1,CMT, One with black bars and one without.:p
If you set your receiver to "pillar box" then both versions have black bars.... :D:)

WOW!!!! Look at all the fun I missed today.

I also would have never figured Hemi as a troll but his colors are showing since he has fully switched to Dish. :)

I to am disappointed with today's HD launch. I am not disappointed about getting Planet Green HD or ABC Family HD but I was not even able to get my RSN's today.

To all of you that stated that Directv launched what they said they would, that is totally bogus. They did not launch what they said they would. They were three channels shy of the full launch schedule.

I lost PG, ABC Family. and did not have any additional HD channels on my H21. (Both of my HR21 did have them though)

Trying a reset to bring them back now....

Nope, a reboot did not work. What channels are the new ones on?

My guide goes 284,285,287,288 (Missing Planet Green)
Don't know about ABC Family or the Showtimes....

Well, don't worry, they gave us 3 extra PPVs so they could say 130 in the mean time :(

I'm glad I slept in, full well expecting disappointment.

If you have the satellite in space testing, and know you're getting capacity by an estimated date, why not get the contracts in place ahead of time.

This is flat out disappointing. Poor Execution.

This is why I love this place. Telling it like it is. I'm sure over "somewhere else" there's the usual lovefest by those mods. hey, I might even say you're being too harsh. Keep up the good work.

This is why I love this place. Telling it like it is. I'm sure over "somewhere else" there's the usual lovefest by those mods. hey, I might even say you're being too harsh. Keep up the good work.

Sorry to disappoint but the same general discussion with a ton of negative comments are also going on over there with only an occasional back on topic from a mod which has been ignored.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts