DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got confirmation from an inside source that the press release was written wrong in regards to RSNs. It should have said 23 total full time RSNs, not 23 additional. So there will only be 12 RSNs moving from part time to full time. This means that the RSNs will make up 12 of the 35+ additional channels at first, not 23.
Very ineresting Dodger. Thanks for the info

Edit: Ahh, I see who your source is. Very reliable indeed

Did you really just just post that you called their tech support and asked about a future service, then call it untrue due to the answer you got?

Opps I guess I did.. I live just outside NOLA and I was in the hot sun working the yard Opppps.. Sorry But I drank a bit of water and I am feeling better no Forgive me

LOL

For those that don't visit dbstalk, SatelliteRacer did confirm that there will indeed be more HD premiums coming although not likely for August. I would guess September then.

12 current part-time moving to full time

FSN Arizona
FSN Cincinnati
FSN Florida
FSN Midwest
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Pittsburgh
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
Sport South
Sun Sports

I wonder if Sports Time Ohio will also be in the listing.

Being in the usual situation in which I am able to still watch the Angels and Sox on ESPN (usually it will be blacked out if it is on our local FSN West) and since I also get NESN through EI I tried to watch the game through NESN. Since the Angels are playing the NESN feed was blacked out. I tried the game search feature and it took me to the mpeg4 ESPN feed on the test channel 9323. I am able to switch back and forth between mpeg2 ESPN on 206 and mpeg4 ESPN on 9323 and I can see a definate difference in PQ.

The blur is from the camera, not the TV or PQ. Remember, my camera is not HD, but to get an idea, look at the ESPN scroll bar at the bottom. On channel 206 the edges on the text are not as defined and sharp that close up. On the test channel the edges on the text in the scroll bar as crisp and clear even looking at the TV very close up.

Attachments

• espn mpeg4 011.JPG
    espn mpeg4 011.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
As an E* sub I am disappointed that D* is adding so many RSNs. E* will not feel any pressure to match this move as they already claim their part time RSNs as full time HD anyway.

Keep the pressure up by adding those National HDs.

I have Dish and had to put up with their pr dept. Now that I have Direct also, I was wondering if that same person went go to work for Direct??:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)