DirecTV Remote Control Android App. and HR34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Just got an HR34 yesterday. I have an app on my android tablet that turns it into a remote. It works over the network. It can tell me what each TV is watching.
Or at least it USED to be able to tell me that. Now it only can tell me what's "On Now" on my HR24. It says the information is blocked on the HR34 and I should check my "Whole Home" settings. Checked. Playlist shared for all rooms. Not sure what I'm supposed to be checking.

Looked at System Info/More Info and scrolled down to where you can see blocked stuff. It says Some Content is blocked. Then it also shows Web Video is blocked. How do I unblock those? I don't have parental controls on and if I scroll through the channels list NOTHING is blocked. So what's blocked?

Under the Whole-Home section of your HR34 you need to to to External Device and make sure that current program is set to allow.

The web videos is located in the parental controls. You can enable that from within it.

Done and Done. Thank you both. It still had "Some Content Blocked". Seems it ships with certain programs blocked by default. PG-14 was blocked as well as X rated. I have no kids. We don't watch any of the x-rated channels but if we ever wanted to I'd never figure it out later :)

So now it's wide open. Probably bad choice of words all things considered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)