DirecTV remote not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

topgman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
LI NY
My DirecTV remote will not work on the DirecTv box but I can turn the TV on & off ...is there something I can do? or do I need a new remote

This can be caused by IR interference. Check fo other IR sources, such as other remotes. If you move close to the receiver, will the remote work?

Make sure of these things:

- The receiver is set to accept signals from a standard DirecTV remote. There are two other settings, UHF (for people who have the box out of line of sight with the remote) and Receiver 2 (for places like bars and such that have multiple receivers stacked together, so these can be controled independently). You check and change this in the menu screen under setup.

- The remote is set to send a Receiver 1 signal. It is possible to change the remote to Receiver 2 accidentally.

If both of those fail, you can generally pick up a standard DirecTV remote at a place like Best Buy, which is a getittoday option over ordering from customer service.

yes I changed batteries ... the remote would turn the TV on & off but would not turn the DTV box on & Off

Fix for remote not working.

I have a directv HR20 HD-DVR and my remote quit working. I did some research and found many of the problems have to do with IR interference. I called Directv and they came to the conclusion that my sensor had gone bad in my DVR. After reading about the IR interference problem I remembered that I reset my (HP) TV "picture" settings for the OPC to the "on" position, and after that I begun having the remote problems. I went back in and reset that setting to the off possition and all functions on my remote are again working properly. I am not sure if all TV's have this setting but you might want to check this out. Go to "Menu" then "Picture" and check and see if you have a setting to turn the OPC on and off. It must be off for the remote to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts