DIRECTV Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2013
Iowa
Well, i'm out of contract; looks like I'll hold out on upgrading my equipment until this is resolved.

Y

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
It'd be unthinkable that DTV would drop ESPN permanently (or even temporarily), so it'll get resolved. Took Dish forever and I think that thread lasted 20,000 posts, so here's hoping to a quick and effective resolution and a limited rise in rates.

goaliebob99

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
It'd be unthinkable that DTV would drop ESPN permanently (or even temporarily), so it'll get resolved. Took Dish forever and I think that thread lasted 20,000 posts, so here's hoping to a quick and effective resolution and a limited rise in rates.

I am thinking the same thing. This will probably last until the 11:59th hour. This is only speculation.

Y

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
I am thinking the same thing. This will probably last until the 11:59th hour. This is only speculation.
I doubt they'll have it resolved by the deadline, but Disney and DTV will likely agree to extending the deadline.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As I first reported, I now understand the two HD channels were indeed removed from testing. Let's hope they can come to a deal.

goaliebob99

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I doubt they'll have it resolved by the deadline, but Disney and DTV will likely agree to extending the deadline.

That's allot better than pulling channels. I would rather have them do that and prorate the contract back than pull channels people do watch.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
my understanding was the current contract had an automatic extension built into it. i think it was for 90 days but i wouldn't swear to it.

acostapimps

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
Fortunately, my neighbor has Dish so I can invite myself over if I lose ESPN on Direct. :)
Until he gets annoyed of you if you go constantly every game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

larry55

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
SCOTT I HEARD DISNEY AND DIREC HAS REACH AGREEMENT. CAN YOU CHECK THIS OUT?

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yup already up in another thread and homepage. This is GOOD News! :D

lefatman

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2008
Frederick MD USA
Does anyone know when it goes into effect. Directv is still not listed as a provider on Watch ESPN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)