DIRECTV Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you'd read the fourth paragraph on post number 113 you will see where it says that it will be a channel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It says it will be on television, not that it will be a channel. It may well end up as a channel, but it doesn't say that here.

“We have a stellar reputation for working in close collaboration with our distribution partners to strengthen the value of the multichannel video subscription. Our new agreement with DIRECTV reinforces that approach and brings to a successful conclusion the renewal over the past several years of deals with each of our top ten affiliates. Not only will DIRECTV customers continue to receive all the great content they currently have, but they will now be able to access it on digital platforms through our authenticated WATCH products as well as receive new services as part of their subscription, including Fusion, Longhorn Network, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater and ESPN3 also on television.”

Reactions: whitewolf8214
In a roundabout way, ESPN 3 is a part-time linear channel right now. Ever since TWC and ESPN/Disney came to a new agreement 4 years ago, we’ve had two additional channels on cable that show ESPN 3 content. Usually college football and basketball from smaller D1 schools. On TV, the content is SD only, and they are grouped with the ESPN Game Plan/Full Court channels. This might be similar what will be happening on DirecTV.

In a roundabout way, ESPN 3 is a part-time linear channel right now. Ever since TWC and ESPN/Disney came to a new agreement 4 years ago, we’ve had two additional channels on cable that show ESPN 3 content. Usually college football and basketball from smaller D1 schools. On TV, the content is SD only, and they are grouped with the ESPN Game Plan/Full Court channels. This might be similar what will be happening on DirecTV.

Perhaps on some cable outlets, but not yet on Directv, which is what this thread is about.

No reason to be snide about it. Yes I am aware what this thread is about. Just trying to let people know what may be in store. Probably will be a couple game only channels in the 600s.

Snide? I'm just pointing out that what happens on cable has nothing to do with Directv. That's all.

Snide? I'm just pointing out that what happens on cable has nothing to do with Directv. That's all.
No reason to be snide about it. Yes I am aware what this thread is about. Just trying to let people know what may be in store. Probably will be a couple game only channels in the 600s.

When I briefly had TWC in NC, they only showed ESPN 3 games that involved localish teams/schools. Directv probably can't do that so I doubt that we'll see any ESPN 3 exclusive games on TV. Hopefully, Chip and I are wrong but don't hold your breath.

When Watch ESPN becomes available, can anyone tell me how I can change my provider on my Roku ? Before anyone says this is a Directv link and not a Roku link, I want to change to Directv from my present Comcast. The only reason I have Comcast is to get ESPN3 on my Roku and soon I will be able to cancel them. Thanks in advance.

When Watch ESPN becomes available, can anyone tell me how I can change my provider on my Roku ? Before anyone says this is a Directv link and not a Roku link, I want to change to Directv from my present Comcast. The only reason I have Comcast is to get ESPN3 on my Roku and soon I will be able to cancel them. Thanks in advance.
You should be able to sign out on the Roku option and then follow on screen directions using laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts