DIRECTV Samsung RVU Client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1389300667.896913.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1389300689.249026.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1389300732.173268.jpg

We met with someone from DIRECTV this morning and talked with them about the upcoming uses of clients such as pictured above and somemore things that we can't discuss yet as they are just concepts at this time, but the future looks bright for DIRECTV subscribers with GENIES ... :)

Been using it with my Samsung Smartv and so far it's been good.
The RVU client is slow, but I can live with it until I get the wireless genie in this room.

Is that in HEVC or MPEG4? Can genie really do HEVC in software upgrade or is it just sending the raw bits to the RVU client in the TV, which being 4k has its own HEVC decoder,

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow I thought it had to be built into the processor. I guess its fast enough to handle it. I know with the MPEG2 cable and sat boxes, they were never able to add MPEG4 decoding via a software update. Sounds like DirecTV learned from that mistake and made the genie a little more dynamic (like a PC where you can just download and install the codecs). Thats pretty good news, and smart!

4K over HDMI 1.4? What was the frame rate?

4K over 1.4 is 24fps, to get the 48 and 60fps you need HDMI 2.0.

Just reading between the lines, and knowing these guys did get to see cool stuff from Directv that hasnt been talked about, and knowing they have UHD plans, Im guessing they are looking at file downloads like 1080p movies now for UHD.

Very cool, then the next "Genie" probably comes with HDMI 2.0 and HEVC 265 support...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)