Directv sends different hd reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
My Hughes htl-hd went out after only 2 months or less. Directv sent another hd reciever but it isn't the Hughes. I just got done installing it. Its a Samsung Sir TS360. Are these good recievers or worse than the Hughes? I hated the remote that was with the Hughes htl-hd.

Lem52

Lem52 said:
My Hughes htl-hd went out after only 2 months or less. Directv sent another hd reciever but it isn't the Hughes. I just got done installing it. Its a Samsung Sir TS360. Are these good recievers or worse than the Hughes? I hated the remote that was with the Hughes htl-hd.

Lem52

I have been using the older Samsung TS-160 which is now replaced by the TS-360 and I have bene quite happy with it. No problems at all to speak of. I also like the caller ID feature, I am not sure if any other boxes besides Samsung offer this.

I had a Sammy first....was nervous since i heard bad things about Sammy's....sure enough, it crapped out after 4 weeks....D* shipped a new one, this time a Hughes HD-HTL....has worked perfectly since....generally, the Sammy's are the one's with the higher # of defects.

I was praying for a sammy or hughes when my first E86 broke .... no such luck, I just ended up with two more E86's .........

I think I already have one problem with the Samsung. I was able to change the color of the menus 1 time but haven't been able to since. I have rebooted but it didn't help. Is that one of the problems with these recievers?

I like the caller ID, and the remote does have the format and resolution buttons on it.

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)