DirecTV settles DVD player class action law suit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think DirecTV can just stock up those HD-DVD players and give to the claimants. I am sure Toshiba will be happy someone can clear their warehosue space by loading them off, who knows, Toshiba may even pay DirecTV a disposal fee:)

I think DirecTV can just stock up those HD-DVD players and give to the claimants. I am sure Toshiba will be happy someone can clear their warehosue space by loading them off, who knows, Toshiba may even pay DirecTV a disposal fee:)

They are not cheap nor easy to get. I hear they are great upscalers and lots of people are trying to get them before they are all gone. They are cheaper than the Oppos which are also very good.

I was going to ask the same question Ice. I to signed up with the portable dvd player as being listed. I even asked a csr when signing up they said 6 to 8 weeks. I did kind of forgot about it though. But hell if i can get it then i will. My wife really wants that player for trips and long car rides for our daughter. So i also need to know were to file this at.

The claim is for a portable DVD player - a little 7" type, not an standalone DVD player - certinally not an HD-DVD player.

There is no place to file claims yet. This is an article that describes the progress so far. Until they have court approval, they won't process any claims.

When it is all said and done, we'll have it here for everyone to claim their portable DVD player :)

They are not cheap nor easy to get. I hear they are great upscalers and lots of people are trying to get them before they are all gone. They are cheaper than the Oppos which are also very good.

They were definitely very cheap when last seen at my local Costco, I recall $129, about how much this portable DVD player DirecTV claimed to value.

But that meant to be a joke.

DVD platers

I actually got a stationary player in the spring of 07 - such a piece of junk that it died in about a month. Was told that I was "ineligible" for the portable unit but they were sending me something anyway as a courtesy. Just received a notice of the class action suit - with a form to fill out - if you got nothing they will send you both a stationary AND a portable - if you got the stationary as I did you will now get a portable unit 'worth' at least $129.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)