Directv Setup Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpearce14

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I tried to get directv today and i was told i will need to pay a 200.00 setup fee. Now i was wondering a way to get around this... Such as, doing my own install and calling directv to have my account built and doing a no promiton? Any ideas?

I called directv directly and they told me its a lease fee. They also told me they would chage me for my own install but i dont understand. Dish was easy to activate with i did my insall and called and activated no questions asked

Are you sure that it is not a "deposit" or an extra HD receiver fee on top of the "free" receiver ?
What equipment did you want/order ?

yeah it was a deposit for the current promoiton. So i figured i could avoid that by doing my own install

you will have to pay for the recievers if you get them from dirctv or at a store. if you get your own stuff, you will have to pay for the dish (dish would be free if they install it).

yeah i dont have a prob paying for it myself and doing my own install but they seem to have a prob with it

You didn't mention HD or SD or DVR but the quick answer for a new customer with reasonable credit is zero dollars. You would have to sign a two year lease but every merchant/store/DirecTV.com has free equipment deals.

For a new customer, they will typically give you up to 4 standard receivers free. In most cases they will upgrade one of these to a SD DVR or a HD receiver or give you a $100 discount off a $199 DVR. Anything else would be at the standard price. Installation is normally included at no extra cost, so there would be no savings by doing it yourself.

The $200 fee only occurs if there is a credit issue. The deposit is returned $5 a month until your get your money back.. Credit issue can come from many reasons.

The $200 fee only occurs if there is a credit issue. The deposit is returned $5 a month until your get your money back.. Credit issue can come from many reasons.

My total to start last month was $200+ tax, and no credit issue here.

$99 for HD Receiver H21
$199 HD DVR HR22
Free install (included slimline 5 lnb dish)

They took off $100 "Instant Online Rebate," and I paid $200+ tax. Billed the next day after install. The installer was great, made it look real nice and ran a second cable to the DVR without charging extra.

My total to start last month was $200+ tax, and no credit issue here.

$99 for HD Receiver H21
$199 HD DVR HR22
Free install (included slimline 5 lnb dish)

They took off $100 "Instant Online Rebate," and I paid $200+ tax. Billed the next day after install. The installer was great, made it look real nice and ran a second cable to the DVR without charging extra.

This would be considered a standard 'deal' where it sounds like you were checking boxes on-line instead of calling them through an 800#. Everyone doesn't call comparison shopping CSR's before making their move. You got some nice receivers & a good install for $200; welcome to DTV. :eek:

The OP is probably not talking about charges like yours though the numbers are the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)