DirecTV setup today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harry®

Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Good morning all. Great place you guys have here. I've been a cable TV subscriber forever until earlier this week. I have a DirecTV installation today between the hours of 4-8pm. Is there anything I should check to make sure it was installed properly. I've heard of installation nightmares and I just want to make sure this install is done correct.

I too am also getting an install but tomorrow morning. What I did is when Directv called me to confirm my install, I went over my quote and equipment with him to be sure nothing was left out. When they come in the morning, I'm going to go over everything again with the installer before they hook it up. The only issue I have presently is that when I signed up for the premier package, it states it includes the sports package. I noticed it included the Yes network but when I talk to my neighbors who have the same package and they click on that station, it comes up as a pay channel. I live outside of Boston and maybe they black it out too. good luck on your install today.

The best advice that anybody can give is to not sign the work order until you are 100% satisfied with the installation.

Basically Make sure everything is clean, the lines from the dish get grounded outside of the house. Its really not that hard to install a system, its just time consuming with a bunch of small things to do. But the biggest issue is a nice neat installations, lines tied off and secured. Using Modern Coax (rg6 3.0ghtz+). If its on the roof, make sure there are 6 lag bolts in a stud to secure it, if its on a pole make sure there is at least a bag of concrete securing it (top of pole shouldn't be any higher than a averages man's chin). If your able, offer to help out (open a trench if a pole, pull cable up from crawl space, Move furniture.. etc)

The installation went great. I'm very happy with the service so far. The only thing that is odd is how the channels are layed out. They could have done a better job with that.

I once went on a service call that had in tech instructions "Tech please bring Channels" And I was like Damn I just installed my last box of channels and the warehouse is out. I think my sup at the time wrote that in the notes :)

The installation went great. I'm very happy with the service so far. The only thing that is odd is how the channels are layed out. They could have done a better job with that.

You can setup your favorites and have the channels you want.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)