Directv signup question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stratboy535

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
My roommate currently has D* and is planning on moving out soon. I am going to sign up for my own account when this takes place. I already own two receivers (I had to purchase the Access Cards using his account info)and I would like to keep and use my existing receivers. To do this I know I will have to purchase two new Access Cards.

I just wonder how the changes that are happening after 3/1 will affect this, if at all. Will I have the option to start a new account and keep using my existing gear or will D* insist that I lease two receivers from them. And if I am able to use my existing gear, will I still qualify for any subscription package that would be going on when I sign up as a new customer?

Any thoughts?

thanks!

if you want to activate the IRDS you have and own them, you better order the cards and activate by the end of feb.

I talked to D* last night and was told the Lease fee was going to be 1 buck each receiver, plus the normal mirror fee. This is less than the price of the protection plan. Leasing may not be that bad of a deal.

Also a CSR supervisor confirmed 100% that NGHD would be the next channels and would be up "very soon"

You beat them again dragon!!

Any idea what will happen if later down the road I decide to upgrade one of my receivers by purchasing a different receiver? Or will all hardware now have to come from D*?

you can still get the eq, but you will still sign the "directv EQ lease addendum" instead of the "annual agreement".

Eric Goempel said:
I talked to D* last night and was told the Lease fee was going to be 1 buck each receiver, plus the normal mirror fee. This is less than the price of the protection plan. Leasing may not be that bad of a deal.

Also a CSR supervisor confirmed 100% that NGHD would be the next channels and would be up "very soon"

You beat them again dragon!!

i just trust my sources.....nat geo is next, im hearing MAYBE 3.1.06 and dont hold me to that, but , it will be march 2006

stratboy535 said:
My roommate currently has D* and is planning on moving out soon. I am going to sign up for my own account when this takes place. I already own two receivers (I had to purchase the Access Cards using his account info)and I would like to keep and use my existing receivers. To do this I know I will have to purchase two new Access Cards.

I just wonder how the changes that are happening after 3/1 will affect this, if at all. Will I have the option to start a new account and keep using my existing gear or will D* insist that I lease two receivers from them. And if I am able to use my existing gear, will I still qualify for any subscription package that would be going on when I sign up as a new customer?

Any thoughts?

thanks!

Customers still have the option to own their own equipment. If you already own your equipment, all you have to do is get your new access cards and open up a new account whenever you're ready to begin service. Of course, CSR's are going to try to upsell the values for leasing, but you do have the right to decline and activate your owned products. The new leasing model only affects the equipment. Programming promotions will not be affected by the new model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with dtv and voip

What will be the perks to Owning Equipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts