DirecTV Slimline Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I want to get another Slimline dish for my other vacation cabin. I see them listed all over Ebay for around $60-$70. Do these typically come with everything I need to set it up on the roof? Is there anything else I should buy along with the dish? What is a AZ/EL mount and is it needed? Do I need monopoles and why don't they come with the dish on alot of auctions? What is the Azimuth/Elevation mount and is it typically included?

Should I be using ebay to buy or should I use another site such as one of sponsers? I just want the best deal.

I would pay a few dollars more if I had to and use a sponsor or some other verified retailer; be it online or B&M.

I called around to some local install companies and got one for $40 a few months ago, may be worth a shot to avoid shipping.

Monopoles are optional, but recomended.

Next time you see a D* installer , talk to him and see if he can tell you where to get one, I did this one day and found one for $ 20.

Jimbo

I would be very careful about buying a "NEW" Slimline dish from someone who is not an authorized dealer.

We are an authorized dealer and we get our Slimline dishes from authorized DirecTV distributor. I can assure you they cost us more than $80 delivered to our warehouse. Then we sell it for $99 plus shipping.

How can someone sell it for less than that? unless they got it "FREE", need I say more :rolleyes:

Wonder what the punishment is these days for receipt of or purchase of stolen goods? It's NOT worth $20 or so to me!

I want to get another Slimline dish for my other vacation cabin. I see them listed all over Ebay for around $60-$70. Do these typically come with everything I need to set it up on the roof? Is there anything else I should buy along with the dish? What is a AZ/EL mount and is it needed? Do I need monopoles and why don't they come with the dish on alot of auctions? What is the Azimuth/Elevation mount and is it typically included?

Should I be using ebay to buy or should I use another site such as one of sponsers? I just want the best deal.

This is the most complete deal that I have seen. I bought a mount from this guy last week. The shipping was fare and it shipped quickly.

DIRECTV SLIMLINE KA/KU 5 LNB ULTIMATE INSTALL KIT w/6X8 - eBay (item 360039426156 end time Apr-09-08 20:48:46 PDT)

How does this deal sound? I get two but, it never hurts to have a spare. From what I can see it comes with everything I would need to swap out a 3 LNB. Does anyone see something that I might be missing? I'd like to jump on this deal asap if everthing apears to be in order. Does it appear I may need any other parts for the install? I haven't installed one before, only 3 lnb, so I figure who better to ask then a place with alot of installers. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

2 DIRECTV 5LNB SLIMLINE HD DISHS FREE SHIP & POLES - eBay (item 130212391340 end time Apr-08-08 22:08:07 PDT)

Thanks rockaway1836. I went ahead and ordered. Seemed like to good of a deal to pass up. And its coming from IL one state away from WI, where I'm at, so I should get it quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.