DirecTV Slimline LNB for SWM SL3S Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.crane

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My son has moved in with friends and they have slimline dish with
the above lnb. How many receivers can I cannot to this unit, and how?
Actually there is only one receiver connected hr20-100, it has a power inserter
in his room. My son is getting his receiver this week, so just wondering how
to connect his receiver. thanks

Attachments

• sl3-diag.jpg
    sl3-diag.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 411
Do you have the splitter like is shown in the pic? You can run up to 8 "tuners" on that LNB. Regular receivers are one tuner, DVR's are two tuners.

You can use any splitter as long as it goes up to 2300mhz or so. If you plan to use multi-room viewing I recomend you stick with the DirecTV branded splitters.

not sure if it has the 8 output splitter. have not been there to look at it. all I know it has the black swm box in his roomates
room. I thought maybe it is 8 splitter, since he has the swm box inside the house. the receiver he has in his room is, hr20-100
dvr, my son not sure which receiver he will be getting.

Swm splitters are 2, 4, or 8 way.

If there is only one receiver on the dish then hooking another one will as simple as running a line to empty port on the splitter and connecting it to the receiver.
If it is only a 2 way splitter, and you hook two DVR's to it, it could give you some issues (even though you are only using two ports).
They keep going back and forth on if you need to have an empty port on the splitter for DVR's to work right.
I have experienced tuners intermittently dropping out in the past by not having an empty port so I have just made it policy to do so.

So, then this dish should have some type of splitter, correct, or will it work without a splitter. Like I mentioned
there is a power inserted inside and connected to the main plasma tv. I hope there is, will make life easy.

Is there already a receiver on the dish?
If so, what would you connect the dish to if there was not a swm splitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts