DirecTV Software Release for HR20 & HR21 Receivers 0x022D 5/7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Now updated front page notes to version 0x022D released 5/7:
A staggered release can take a few days or a few weeks to be released nationwide, and usually starts on the west coast and works east.[/COLOR]

These are the changes following the short lived 0x022B version.
The 0x22B notes can be found in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...elease-hr20-hr21-receivers-0x022b-4-23-a.html

0x022D Changes:
Stability
Tuning and Recording Robustness
Fixed FF4 getting stuck with frozen frame
Fixed Misc Audio Problems
Tuning Robustness

They likely have some of the lowest rates of issues overall, and even though I know it can suck to get something faulty or not working the way you expect, but why are those of us NOT having issues apologists? We are likely in the majority of users; maybe we should call those having issues names like you guys resort to; like....... Nah, because its just childish.

You are right, nobody was having any problems with release 22b, that is why D* has issued a replacement release (22d) so quickly. The release that people other than you were having such problems with was apparently all their faults, however, D* is sending out a placebo release to placate all those people. :D

Also, don't remember calling you an apologist for D*, but if you feel you fall into that category, well, then, .............. :)

Now updated front page notes to version 0x022D released 5/7:

Stability
Tuning and Recording Robustness
Fixed FF4 getting stuck with frozen frame
Fixed Misc Audio Problems
Tuning Robustness

Hopefully this release is a bit better tested than the last one was, which means there was at least a cursory exam of the functionality of the software and its stability at doing basic functions.

Got my update yesterday. Noticed that you can delete a recording a lot quicker. Nice!!

98% of the comments are on the previous release, come on guys, new thread, This looks real sloppy right now!

Originally I thought there wasn't many changes so I just added it onto the existing B version thread.

Looking at it now, I agree it should be seperate and I changed it. We now have a new thread for the D version.

Ok I had the last ce with my hr21-700. It was sending all recordings to keep or delete. I went back to the national release and all went back to normal. Thursday AM, I received the new national release. None of my recordings since Thursday would play. Keep or delete problem. Did a soft reboot from the settings screen, and all of my recordings that would not play are now missing. Not too happy w/ the last couple releases.

Ok I had the last ce with my hr21-700. It was sending all recordings to keep or delete. I went back to the national release and all went back to normal. Thursday AM, I received the new national release. None of my recordings since Thursday would play. Keep or delete problem. Did a soft reboot from the settings screen, and all of my recordings that would not play are now missing. Not too happy w/ the last couple releases.

Did it erase all your recordings or just some? When it erases everything there was a data problem with the drive and the operating system is programmed to format. Happened to me once, also not very happy.

Just the ones that wouldn't play that were recorded mostly on Fri, Sat and Sun. different channels also.

Ok I was watching the ballgame tonight and my video froze. It would not un-freeze until I changed the channel and then I went right back to the game. I tried to watch anything on my hr21 and they all skipped to the end. Rebooted my eSATA hard drive and unplugged the unit( I was afraid to soft reboot ) and it came back up and now everything plays. This is irritating.

HR21-200 ox22d tuner 2 dies for no reason requiring a reset......
is this a common occurence with the 21?

thanks

Jeff

P.S. I'm still having audio problems on when dolby digital is on, on select HD channels

I think it was pretty damn nice of DirecTv do address the last software issues so quickly. I've had zero problems with this software upgrade. DirecTv gets a thataboy from me! :bow

Cheers,
Robin

I think it was pretty damn nice of DirecTv do address the last software issues so quickly. I've had zero problems with this software upgrade. DirecTv gets a thataboy from me! :bow

Cheers,
Robin

:rolleyes:

My question is why didn't they test the software before and get it right the 1st time rather than having to do a "quick fix" release? Smacks of shoddy practices to me and I cannot imagine that D* deserves any kind of accolades for fixing something that was NOT broken until THEY BROKE IT in 22b.

That's nice, because the last update messed up my HD DVR... I'm new to D* and basically I had my first DVR in a day, because it was rebooting by itself and this is happened after I accepted the update.

Good deal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)