DirecTV start-up costs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrfanz

Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Ohio
First of all, this is a really great site...lots of great info!
Does anyone else have a problem with these start-up costs or is it just me? For 2 HD DVR's, they want $297.00 just for start-up. That is after their $100.00 rebate. I tried to get them to do something like reduce it or split it up, but they weren't having it. I just think that is a lot of money to shell out without knowing if your even going to like the service.
Thanks for the feedback!

Personally, I don not have a problem with the pricing but I bet you could do better if you called back. I would let them know that Dish is offering a free DVR and that is the one thing that is keeping you from signing up. Also you could find a local dealer that has a Directv system setup that would allow you to do a quick test drive of the system.

If you have a Costco membership, check there. They might be offering additional money back incentives and equipment discounts. They were in February...not sure if they still are, though.

Hey MAC JR another thread mentioned Costco had HDDVR for $169e. I think it was called "How can I lower my deposit?"

Theresa

First of all, this is a really great site...lots of great info!
Does anyone else have a problem with these start-up costs or is it just me? For 2 HD DVR's, they want $297.00 just for start-up. That is after their $100.00 rebate. I tried to get them to do something like reduce it or split it up, but they weren't having it. I just think that is a lot of money to shell out without knowing if your even going to like the service.
Thanks for the feedback!

When I got my 1st HD DVR it was $400.
Others bought SD DVRs back in the day that were $ 1000 when they first came out.

The SD DVR was to buy thou, not lease.

No one likes the upfront cost, but this is thier way making some of thier money back as the unit cost alot more than they are leasing them for.

For example, the HR20-700 is down to $ 199 to lease, but to buy it, it would be about $ 850, not many would be buying it at that price (much like the 1000 unit in previous years)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts