RSN in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I just noticed on some of the RSNs, especially FSW and PT in Los Angeles that the upcoming PAC-10 tourney is listed as HD. On my regular reciever it does not show this. Does it matter where you are in the country, if a RSN is listed as a HD broadcast will it be shown in HD? Spotbeam or not? I live elsewhere, but my service is in the LA area. I know I can't get the Local HD because of the spotbeam but I though I read somewhere in the forums that alot of RSNs will be broadcasting in HD especially the ones for the MLBEI package.

Thanks, but of course I have a HD reciever. I was just wondering if all the RSNs that broadcast in HD and it shows on the EPG as HD can I pick up the HD signal? Like I said I lve somewhere else but my service address is in the LA area. I know I can't pick up Local HD broadcasts because they are within the spotbeam but I had hoped RSNs were a different matter and they broadcast more in the Conus. Thanks

I don't have a 5 LNB, only the 3. I can pick up HD games during the baseball season. They usually broadcast one or two a night. I know they are increasing the number each night because the RSNs are supposedly showing in HD. My questions refers that if you have the Sports package and let's say FS Ohio is showing an event in HD would I be able to watch in HD here in California? Or are they only channeling the HD games for baseball thru the EI package channels? I guess I will just have to wait until the season begins to see what I get. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.