Directv system using more the 8 outlet options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rbsplash

Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
San Francisco
Have 4 dvd boxes and 1 hd non dvd box. All was working fine until recently got the 775 code. Called direct and was told service charge to come out and look.from what i read it seems my SWM is for 8 lines and i was running 9. what are the next steps?

thanks in advance

robert

the error you get when you have too many tuners active is 776. completely seperate from 775 which is an issue with the power inserter not being able to feed the dish for some reason. which particular issue is it you're having?

also, a picture of the splitter or switch where all the cabling is going to would help answer a few questions.

:welcome to Satelliteguys rbsplash!

If you have four dvrs and one non dvr, then you have nine tuners. That's one more than you should have unless you have a swm16 switch or a swm13 lnb. Do you have either of those? As Zachel mentioned, the code you posted means you have a problem with communication between the inside equipment and the outside equipment. Can you check to be sure your power inserter has the green light lit up? Is it plugged into the wall or a power strip? The wall is better since power strips can be prone to having issues.

Do you actually have an SWM8? That's a standalone multiswitch... Or do you have an SWM LNB at the dish?

Sorry dumb question there is no way to turn off one of the dual signals to make it 8 total?

Yes, just go through sat setup on one of the DVRs and specify single tuner operation....

Thanks I'm sorry code was 776 mis type. So the swm16 or smw13 lnb just plugs in instead of the current swm? or in addition?
No, the SWM16 needs legacy four output LNB. A SWM13 LNB is just a simple swap assuming you already have a SWM3 or SWM5 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)