directv takes more away....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
I got a note in the mail today , stating that I no longer would see the Timberwolves games on my local Fox north.. but I could PAY TO SEE THEM. right. Just keep charging more and offering less, that's the ticket. I understand that D* just broke 15 million. Yet I wonder what the numbers would have been, had the Churn rate not been so high. From reading on the various forums, Sunday Ticket has cost D* a lot of subscribers this year. We are hearing more and more customer complaints about calling D* and getting rotten service. How much more before the stuff hits the fan?

Oh and I miss having one music channel with all Christmas music as well.

old rat

Where ya located that they would get rid of the Wolfies?
Im in MN and get them (obviously)

old rat said:
I got a note in the mail today , stating that I no longer would see the Timberwolves games on my local Fox north.. but I could PAY TO SEE THEM. right. Just keep charging more and offering less, that's the ticket. I understand that D* just broke 15 million. Yet I wonder what the numbers would have been, had the Churn rate not been so high. From reading on the various forums, Sunday Ticket has cost D* a lot of subscribers this year. We are hearing more and more customer complaints about calling D* and getting rotten service. How much more before the stuff hits the fan?

Remember blackouts and team coverage areas, of Pro sports are determined by the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL or what ever league runs the sport, not D*, E* or any cable company. They only have to follow the leagues regulations, usually set up by zip codes. The thing to do is complain to the team or league that you want to see.

You are right about the overpriced ST package. With the huge increase this year, it was the straw that broke the camel's back, and caused me not to cancel. I am sure it wouldn't be so high priced if D* didn't have the monopoly on it, and there was some competition selling it. I like football but not at that price. I put an antenna in my attic and watch the local games, in HD

old rat said:
I got a note in the mail today , stating that I no longer would see the Timberwolves games on my local Fox north.. but I could PAY TO SEE THEM. right. Just keep charging more and offering less, that's the ticket. I understand that D* just broke 15 million. Yet I wonder what the numbers would have been, had the Churn rate not been so high. From reading on the various forums, Sunday Ticket has cost D* a lot of subscribers this year. We are hearing more and more customer complaints about calling D* and getting rotten service. How much more before the stuff hits the fan? Oh and I miss having one music channel with all Christmas music as well.

The Timberwolves' home regional network is no longer be FSN North; If you are not in the certain zip codes associated with that new FSN regional, then you are out, and you buy the NBA League Pass.

http://msn.foxsports.com/regional?categoryId=296

charper1 said:
I think that was telling you that the Timberwolves' home regional network will no longer be FSN North as they are now FSN Minnesota and you are not in that region.

There is no such thing as FSN Minnesota…there’s two versions of Fox Sports Net North
-a Minnesota version for the Twins, Wolfies, Wild, and the Goofers
-a Wisconsin version for the Bucks, Brewers and Badgers

I know on Dish the Wisco version is on the alternate channels (just the sports, not the filler stuff)

but, Ii think that is still what the letter refers to; that he is no longer in that area; correct? It would still boil down to DirecTV not taking away anything.

FSN networks

* FSN Arizona (Prime Sports Arizona)
* FSN Bay Area* (SportsChannel Pacific, San Francisco Bay Area) 40% owned by Fox, 60% owned by Comcast
* FSN Chicago* (SportsChannel Chicago) Cablevision recently took 100% ownership of this failing network
* FSN Detroit (Pro-Am Sports System, better known as PASS Sports)
* FSN Florida (SportsChannel Florida)
* FSN Houston (Feeds into FSN Southwest)
* FSN Midwest (Prime Sports Midwest, St. Louis area, with a sub-feed for Indiana)
* FSN New England* (SportsChannel New England) 50% owned by Comcast
* FSN New York* (SportsChannel New York, Co-run with MSG Network. Some MSG programming appears on FSNY and some Fox Sports Net programs appear on MSG.) This network is part of MSG Networks, which is owned by Cablevision.
* FSN North (Midwest Sports Channel, Wisconsin)
* FSN Minnesota
* FSN Northwest (Prime Sports Northwest, Oregon/Washington)
* FSN Ohio (SportsChannel Ohio, several different feeds depending on location in Ohio)
* FSN Pittsburgh (Feed to West Virginia, KBL, then Prime Sports KBL)
* FSN Rocky Mountain (Prime Sports Rocky Mountain; Colorado, with a sub-feed for Utah)
* FSN South (SportSouth, several different sub-feeds including Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte and other areas in the South, default feed based in Atlanta)
* FSN Southwest (Home Sports and Entertainment, then Prime Sports Southwest; Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma area)
* FSN West/West 2 (Prime Ticket and SportsChannel LA, Los Angeles/San Diego/Hawaii areas); note--FSN West 2 was a descendant of SportsChannel Los Angeles, where the teams formally on SCLA (going off the air in December 1993) re-appeared years later on FSN West 2, which went on the air in January 1997.

Asterisk denotes stations owned by Cablevision through Rainbow Media Group.

That’s where I’m confused.

He says FSN North but if he’s in MN, he should be getting the Wolfies. Only way he may not get the Wolfies would be he might be in an overlap area (like Iowa)

Wolves

I live in Iowa and get the Wolves on the Sports package. My RSN is Comcast Chicago but with the sports pack I also get Fox North and Fox Midwest. If you live in Minnesota you should get Fox North in the Total Choice package. You shouldn't pay anything extra .. like I do!

I am in the general La Crosse area.. I am supposed to get FSN 641/ 642 I have not moved, or changed ANYTHING. But I got this letter stating that I am on the outside looking in.. I believe that Charter in my area offers both teams T- wolves and Bucks Plus Twinkies and Brewers .. I Do NOT subsribe to the sports channel. Someone posted along the way that if I subscribed that I would get both channels 641 /642a . I don't know if I believe this either.. Old Rat..

Maybe the rules changed this year and if you are on the MN side, you get the Wolfies and if you are in Wisco, you get only the Wisco sports

I have Dish and am Duluth, MN area. I should have both the Twins & Brewers but Dish didnt pay as much for FSN North so I only get the MN teams (except for Badger hockey which is not blacked out)

* FSN North (Midwest Sports Channel, Wisconsin)
* FSN Minnesota

There has never been a Fox Sports Minnesota. Midwest Sports Channel covered both MN & Wisco. The MSC logo was for both Twins & Brewers games

Then they became FSN North.. Technically there are 2 FSN North's
FSNNM-Minnesota
FSNNW-Wisconsin

I was just C&P the info as I read it. BUT all I was trying to point out was if TOP would list his service zip code it would all more than likely be cleared up as a region issue. Even the Fox Sports website lists FSN Minnesota; http://msn.foxsports.com/regional?categoryId=296 and here: http://www.birds-eye.net/directory/channels/sports.htm

I am just trying to help the guy understand their is no conspiracy to leave him out thats all. I also am not saying it is a separate channel with a DirecTV assignment or anything, yet a separate region with locality requirements and that his service addy may no longer be in the correct area.

I know :)

but technically if he lives in Wisconsin (he said LaCrosse Area but what side of river?) he should only get the Wisco sports.

I don't know how Charter could have both MN & WI sports...do they have 2 FSN's?
Here in Duluth, we only have one for both sides (Duluth & Superior) but each state gets its teams (Duluth gets Twins and Superior gets Brewers only)

Iceberg said:
I know :)

but technically if he lives in Wisconsin (he said LaCrosse Area but what side of river?) he should only get the Wisco sports.

I don't know how Charter could have both MN & WI sports...do they have 2 FSN's?
Here in Duluth, we only have one for both sides (Duluth & Superior) but each state gets its teams (Duluth gets Twins and Superior gets Brewers only)

Totally off topic, but, Iceberg, is that picture really you? If so, I would never question what you say, no matter what, yet, you seem tolerant. It's hard for me to reconcile the difference between your picture and your posts. So, if I disagree with you (which I don't) would you punch me out?
R, Dave

Directv doesn't know what they are doing with these sports subscriptions. Directv blackedout some of the NFL preseason games on the NFL network, yet at my sisters house(she has comcast and lives less than a mile away from me) no blackout. So I called directv, they told me they take their orders from the NFL network on what they must blackout. So I called the NFL network, they told me directv was lying and they seemed annoyed that directv was telling people that it was them that was blacking out the games. I asked them to send me the policy on blacking out the games and nowhere in that agreement did it justify Directv blacking out certain games. However when I ordered ST all the preseason games came on. In my opinion, Directv was manipulating programming to get people to order ST. I called the attorney general's office of consumer protection in my state and they told me that I have a valid claim. I did not pursue it, I have been a Directv customer for about 6 months and I have 6 months left, and i will be leaving. When I had regular cable i never had to worry about blackouts or if certain games were going to be shown or not, or on which channels. I have actually had to go to my sisters house(less than a mile away in the same town) to watch games because they were blackoutedout. So I love hearing these stories, and everyone trying to defend Directv, THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING, and another thing I learned quickly, don't bother calling them for anything because no one knows what is going on and the chances of getting any help is remote. I am just biding my time until my subscription is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)