Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I just noticed yesterday while watching ESPN I saw a DirecTV Tivo ad, whats going on?

This is the ad I saw:

The ad is part of the agreement between DirecTV and TiVo, and is still run from time to time despite the irrelevancy of the THR22 DirecTivo DVR.

Yep that is the ancient tivo box they still run ads for now and again. That interface is about 2 revisions old for TiVo also

I want to see a HR54 tivo version that will connect to the THR22 or TiVo minis for whole home and have it run off the TiVo Bolt guide software.

Yep,

An old HR22 box running TIVO software that was designed to be crippled from the start ...

But for those still interested. ..

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Attachments

• THR22_TiVo_FINAL_FG.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 532
What Directv needs to do is write TiVo software for the HR54. I would gladly pay extra for the TiVo software
So would I ...

But as Jimbo said ... "Good luck with that" ...

And I remember we all had such high hopes and anxiously awaited for this TIVO-DIRECTV cooperation back then around '12 to develop the first Ka band/MPEG-4 TIVO enabled DIRECTV receiver.

And for all that DIRECTV in a super disappointment just delivered this "clunker." We just couldn't believe it ...

DIRECTV really went out of their way to make sure there would be absolutely NO competition of this receiver with their own boxes ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

So would I ...

But as Jimbo said ... "Good luck with that" ...

And I remember we all had such high hopes and anxiously awaited for this TIVO-DIRECTV cooperation back then around '12 to develop the first Ka band/MPEG-4 TIVO enabled DIRECTV receiver.

And for all that DIRECTV in a super disappointment just delivered this "clunker." We just couldn't believe it ...

DIRECTV really went out of their way to make sure there would be absolutely NO competition of this receiver with their own boxes ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
If you had your own recvrs, why would you let the Other guys be better than yours ?
Just sayin....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)