Directv Tivo -DEAD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jolthof

Original poster
May 22, 2008
I've had Directv for 11 years. Got the Directv Tivo about 4 years ago. Love it. It broke! Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself, Freezes then resets itself. The satelite dish is 11 years old. Directv doesnt offer tivo anymore.

Do i change to Directv's DVR?
Do i move to comcast DVR (because my satelite dish is old)?

Please Help. Cant live without my TV
???????????

IIRC, D* was giving free or very large discounts to folks with HR10-250's (the HD Tivo). You don't say if it's model or a SD version, but based on your post I'd guess the SD version.

If you've been a good D* customer for that long I'd give them a call and see what they'd charge you to upgrade to the R22 SD DVR or a HR21 HD DVR, preferrably the HR21. Both of these DVR's are what D*'s adding new features/functions to, like video on demand, media share and who knows what else in the future. I say try for the HR21 since that way you'll be set for the HD channels and if you pay the $9.95 HD access charge you'd get all the HD channels now. Even if you only have a SD set the picture quality of the HD channels on a SD set is so much better IMHO it's worth the extra money.

I should have mentioned that

I dont have HD. And, I'm sorry i dont know which TiVo I have (yes i'm lame). It whichever one Directv was advertising about 4 years ago and its not HD.

So get this!!
I called Directv and explained the problem. They want to charge me 80 bucks to have a tech come out and check to see what the problem is. If its the TiVo they will mail me a new DVR R-15 in the mail. WHAT!!??
ive been with them forever! 11+ years and thats all they can do????

So get this!!
I called Directv and explained the problem. They want to charge me 80 bucks to have a tech come out and check to see what the problem is. If its the TiVo they will mail me a new DVR R-15 in the mail. WHAT!!??

What you can try doing is to call back and at the prompt for what do you want say cancel service, this gets you to customer retention. Tell them what the problem is and what you'd like as a solution, they might say the same thing or do something better for you.

So get this!!

This is standard policy if you don't have the Protection Plan. It costs D* money to send a tech to your house, and they've got to make it back somehow.

Your other choice is to take Rad's advice

"Cancel Service"

Stating that to the voice prompts IS the key to getting an articulate, competent, and capable D* support person on line who has the authority to do something. I actually went over to E* for four months before reading about the "cancel service" tip here. Didn't get the best deal but paid $99 for an HR20 and H20. Got a few months to months of free stuff, free install, and no rental charge for the H20.

I am happy to back.

I have just upgraded to two HR21-100 HD units and have a Hughs sdvr-40 DirecTV Tivo unit I am no longer using. I am willing to sell it for $50 plus freight if you are interested?

your issue should be resolved now, I have no idea why the CSR's never told 1/2 of Tivo customers that firmware 6.3 had issue with rebooting and freezing but there is a new firmware out that should fix this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts