DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I am trying to program the Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: for the dvrhd34 Genie do I need codes could someone tell me the set up

I got this to work with the dvrhd34 Genie need someone to tell me what buttons work for what an where do you program your tv to the remote

royrdsjr not this remote DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 this remote DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs

We told you it wasn't supported several times. You're completely on your own on the remote and no, nobody here knows how or where to send you. Call directv and maybe a CSR can walk you through the process on programming it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hutch1814 I got the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs works some buttons wanted to know if theses buttons work
playlist
managing Recordings
Guide
Menu
play
fast forward
forward
mute
what other buttons work ?

Again I repeat myself and will go out on a limb and speak for Hutch, since im pretty sure he and I share the same opinion.

The Tivo Remote does not work for HR2X DVRs and also does not work with either Genie HR34/44. This remote is only supported by the software loaded to the THR22 which is the Tivo HD DVR by DirecTV.

Play with it if you think you can get it to work, but it is not intended to work. It is possible some of the physical buttons are mapped to the same IR codes of a RC65 or similiar, but this is a straight coincidence.

You are not intended to use this remote with a genie.

Again I repeat myself and will go out on a limb and speak for Hutch, since im pretty sure he and I share the same opinion.

The Tivo Remote does not work for HR2X DVRs and also does not work with either Genie HR34/44. This remote is only supported by the software loaded to the THR22 which is the Tivo HD DVR by DirecTV.

Play with it if you think you can get it to work, but it is not intended to work. It is possible some of the physical buttons are mapped to the same IR codes of a RC65 or similiar, but this is a straight coincidence.

And you nailed it :D

Hutch1814 I got the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs works some buttons wanted to know if theses buttons work
playlist
managing Recordings
Guide
Menu
play
fast forward
forward
mute
what other buttons work ?

I don't know, I've installed 1 TiVo in 5 years and it was a replacement. I personally think TiVo was making a last ditch effort to get the THR22 in production and it doesn't jive with anything directv has or plans to have in the future. I believe I said in the original post with somebody else to NOT expect anything except maybe channel buttons and a few random buttons to work

Hutch1814 dose the DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 work with the dvrHd 34 Genie

Sorry, but the tivo peanut included with the THR22 hdvr, does work with hr20 and subsequent models of directv branded receivers and dvrs. Using both RF and IR. You can't say the same for original Directv Dtivo remotes, nor SA tivo remotes. Of course it won't control the HR44 Genie via RF, but the HR34 yes.

What I can't tell the OP, is what keys on the thr22 remote actually controls the Genie, since I do not have a Genie, and never played with one.

Remotes the DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 and DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs dose work with the dvrHd 34 Genie dose anyone know if the buttons work ?

Remotes the DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 and DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs dose work with the dvrHd 34 Genie dose anyone know if the buttons work ?

Your saying that the remote does work with these recvrs ?

Well if it does work, then it has to work the buttons, or you couldn't say it works.

As far as I'm concerned, if I have to learn what buttons do what on a remote OTHER than what is listed, is NO GOOD, and not worth my time.

I am saying the remote DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs some buttons works with these recvr could not see where to add tv codes

Do not have tbe DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 dose buttons work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)