directv tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
looking to get a directv tivo. Are they good? How does it handle ppv. Say if you buy a ppv fight and don't watch it that night but the next day you don't have to pay for it again or anything do you?

Just wanting to know some info on it wanting to get one for a parent that can't handle setting a vcr.

any pro's or con's would help

thanks

tivo okay

The tivo units for directv are pretty good. The guide works a little slow but all in all it works just fine. Once you have rented a program like a fight and have it recorded on your hard drive you can watch it as many times as you want without paying again. They are very easy to program so that should help your parents...

I have a DIRECTV® DVR (digital video recorder) with TiVo (35 hr record model)which will be installed next week. Since I ordered the equipment and installation with DirecTV I am curious what model DVR w/TIVO that DirecTV's service people are installing these days. I am trying to figure out what cables I need to get (component video, Optical Digital ETC ??) vs what the service tech uses for the best set-up for picture & DD sound. Any help will be appreciated. :confused: :confused:

Welcome to Satelliteguys yall!! :welcome

If it's a standard Directivo (as opposed to the HD DTivo) then the best you can get picture and sound-wise is S-video and Optical out. I believe Directv still has some Hughes HDVR40 models left but their latest one is the Directv D10.

Jason,

I may be wrong but the D-10 I believe is a standard receiver (no TIVIO or DD sound) The HDVR40 I have never heard of. Please clarify. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)