Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV to Carry All Seattle Mariners Games

Deal with FSN Northwest Adds 45 Games to DIRECTV Broadcast Schedule; No Deal for GCI subscribers in Alaska

WHAT: DIRECTV customers will receive every regular season Mariners game during the 2008 season due to an agreement between DIRECTV and FSN Northwest that adds 45 games to the schedule. The additional games are the result of FSN's new deal with the Mariners in which the network will now air all available games exclusively.
The agreement makes DIRECTV the largest provider in Alaska to carry every Mariners game during the 2008 season. GCI does not currently have a deal in place for the additional game package, resulting in subscribers missing important dates on the schedule.
WHERE: Current DIRECTV subscribers with the CHOICE™ package" (or above) can find Mariners baseball on FSN Northwest on channel 651. For more information about DIRECTV or to order new service, call 1-888-777-2454, visit www.DIRECTV.com or contact your local retailer.

Source: DIRECTV

Not quite ALL. If you look at the schedule there are 5 games that are not on FSN, 1 not on TV at all, 4 on FOX. More faulse add's by DirecTV.

A lot of them will also be carried on other networks (ESPN, TBS, etc.) Some of the FSN games are also being shown on a subchannel of KIRO, which normally has the RTN oldies.

Not quite ALL. If you look at the schedule there are 5 games that are not on FSN, 1 not on TV at all, 4 on FOX. More faulse add's by DirecTV.

I don't think the ad mentioned that EVERY SINGLE GAME PLAYED THIS YEAR BY THE MARINERS WILL BE CARRIED ON FSNNW. The press release is simply indicating that if the game is carried by FSN, it will be on D*. TBS and FOX have national broadcast rights for several games this year. In those cases, they paid a lot of money for those rights and are not going to let them go for free. Conveniently, anyone in the Northwest (inc. Alaska) should be able to see those non-FSN games on the other exclusive rights provider when they air. So no harm, no foul.

What I didn't see or infer was whether or not all of the FSN games would be in HD regardless of where the game is played.

I don't think the ad mentioned that EVERY SINGLE GAME PLAYED THIS YEAR BY THE MARINERS WILL BE CARRIED ON FSNNW. The press release is simply indicating that if the game is carried by FSN, it will be on D*. TBS and FOX have national broadcast rights for several games this year. In those cases, they paid a lot of money for those rights and are not going to let them go for free. Conveniently, anyone in the Northwest (inc. Alaska) should be able to see those non-FSN games on the other exclusive rights provider when they air. So no harm, no foul.

What I didn't see or infer was whether or not all of the FSN games would be in HD regardless of where the game is played.

All of the games on FSN will be in HD. The games on ESPN and TBS (but not Fox) will also be on FSNNW: The Official Site of The Seattle Mariners: Schedule: 2008 Mariners Schedule. I wonder why the Sept. 20 game at Oakland is not being carried?

651-1 was supposed to have Mariners/Oakland last night and played Minnesota/Tampa Bay instead. This was also true on 740-1. 651 did display the correct (mariners) game in SD.

I called DTV and got nowhere through the normal channels. Is there anywhere else set up for subs to report issues like this?

(It's also a little annoying that 651-1 doesn't even show up on the favorites sublist for sports.)

RE: 651-1 last night

651-1 message screen...you're not subscribed to this program, or something like that...I too noticed that 651-1 didn't show up in the SPROTS guide, even though it was showing up in my "favorites" list. On 651 they were running a trailer saying that the HD version of the game was on 651-1...what they failed to mention is that it didn't come on until about 8:15PM...about an hour and 15 minutes into the game????

Thanks. I saw the scroll too. Maybe they knew there was a problem and it took them awhile to fix it. Pity because it was an important game for being so early in the season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts