recording no longer available after 10min

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
So I have a very interesting problem. On 4/12 a house hunters ch 229 was recorded on my hr20-100 at 7pm pst. When I went to watch it at about 9:30pm it was fine until about 10 min in and then it acted as if it was the end of the recording and asked if I wanted to delete it. I looked in to the info on the program and it said the program stopped recording due to it not being available anymore. Then it happened again last night with Unwrapped on the Food network, same time 7pm pst and it stopped at the same time 10 minutes in, with the same error message, What gives doe sanyone know??? I am going to call directv to ask for a dvr credit if they can't supply a stable service why should I pay for it!!!!! The wifey no likey

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I have a very interesting problem. On 4/12 a house hunters ch 229 was recorded on my hr20-100 at 7pm pst. When I went to watch it at about 9:30pm it was fine until about 10 min in and then it acted as if it was the end of the recording and asked if I wanted to delete it. I looked in to the info on the program and it said the program stopped recording due to it not being available anymore. Then it happened again last night with Unwrapped on the Food network, same time 7pm pst and it stopped at the same time 10 minutes in, with the same error message, What gives doe sanyone know??? I am going to call directv to ask for a dvr credit if they can't supply a stable service why should I pay for it!!!!! The wifey no likey

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Has this happened on any other channels ?

I would call D* and ask them about it, ask for the HD Tech Support dept.
If it happens on other channels, then your on to something, this way you can duplicate the trouble.
Not sure why this would happen at all really.

Next time you watch that channel of something you recorded, check the history first and see what it says about the recording BEFORE you try to watch it.
Just so we can see if there is something setting it off, see if it has a message already, but as I said, I've never seen that before.

Jimbo

ok not 10min it's 8min and it happened again

I called directv and they want me to record a program on channel 229 at 7pm pst today, to see if it does it again. But it did happen again yesterday!!!!

Trevor

I have two HR20-100's

I have two hr20-100 and it is only happenign on one of them. I will post the error message later tonight so evryone can see

Trevor

Obvious questions i know .. but ... did you reboot the receiver yet .. ? I had a similar issue on food network ... after a reboot everything recorded just fine the next time i tried.

To reiterate what the person above was saying, rebooting the receiver -should- fix the issue. Occasionally, receivers run into a problem while trying to acquire guild info, so that there is a discrepancy between what is listed in the guild, and what the reciever thinks is happening. Unplugging the receiver (keep it unplugged for at least thirty seconds!) and plugging it back in should force the receiver to reacquire guild information and solve the issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)