DirecTV to keep Paxson programming, for now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing last month, the West Palm Beach-based television broadcaster, which is working to change its name to Ion Media Networks, described DirecTV's steps to terminate its affiliation agreement with Paxson (AMEX: ION).

A new SEC filing shows DirecTV agreed, Friday, to delay that termination or any court action until April 14. Paxson said the postponement would allow it and DirecTV additional time to settle their dispute.

"We are currently negotiating with DirecTV in an effort to resolve this matter and maintain the distribution of our programming to DirecTV's subscribers," Paxson said in its filing.

Paxson has been affiliated with DirecTV, a satellite television carrier, since September 2002. Under that agreement, Paxson said DirecTV provides Paxson's network programming to substantially all its subscribers.

DirecTV has argued Paxson's present programming violates the content restrictions of the affiliation agreement. That programming changed in June, when Paxson changed its network's name to i from Pax TV.

At the time Paxson said the change in brand reflected its new network programming strategy - to provide an independent broadcast platform for producers and syndicators who desire to reach a national audience.

Back when it was PAX TV, the company had described its programming as family friendly.

Shares closed down about a penny to nearly 92 cents. The 52-week high was $1.56 on April 6, 2005. The 52-week low was 37 cents on Nov. 2.

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2006/04/03/daily34.html

This morning DirecTV has two feeds of local Pax channel 59 both carring different infommercials. :(

In other words it is in the guide twice but when you select between the two listings you get different programming!!

I dont know why Paxson cares so much, you can't loose an audience if you dont have one, I also had the Virtual ITV local feeds I was wondering what they were there for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)