DIRECTV TO LAUNCH DISNEY JR SATURDAY

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing saying so in the press release. I would figure the way to read it is: if it's going to be carried in high definition, the press release would have said so.

Thanks I thought same thing

They did just that with OWN and NatGeoWild

Oprah Winfrey Network was the rebranding of what used to be Discovery Health.

Nat Geo Wild was the rebranding of what was Fox Reality. But Nat Geo wasn't carried immediately; a la Disney Junior, the presence of SOAPnet somewhat is similar to Fox Reality, so it would be the better example.

Nat Geo Wild was the rebranding of what was Fox Reality. But Nat Geo wasn't carried immediately; a la Disney Junior, the presence of SOAPnet somewhat similar to Fox Reality, so it would be the better example.

Let's put Disney JR in HD and take OWN out of HD :D lol :) jk

I seriously doubt if many 3-7 year olds know what HD is or care if it's in HD or not.

OWN isn't in hd.

Oprah Winfrey Network is nationally available in high definition.

DirecTV carries lots of SD-only versions of programming that are nationally available in HD.

OWN is one of those. And, come Saturday, it may turn out that way as well with Disney Junior.

Directv is not really gaining a channel. It is just SoapNet turning into Disney Jr.

DirecTV still had to have a contractual agreement to carry Disney Junior. True of all providers. SOAPnet did not transition into Disney Junior the very moment of its official launch.

Nat Geo Wild was the rebranding of what was Fox Reality. But Nat Geo wasn't carried immediately; a la Disney Junior, the presence of SOAPnet somewhat is similar to Fox Reality, so it would be the better example.

Dish actually carries both OWN and Nat Geo Wild in HD.

I never really understood OWN replacing Discovery Health due to poor ratings. Then, Discovery turns around and rebrands Fit TV as Discovery Fit and Health. Dish does not carry it since it did not carry Fit TV. Dish carries Veria. About the only thing I watched on OWN was Mystery Diagnosis, but I do have to admit that the HD feed does look nice. I suppose that is for another thread, though.

I remember that DirecTV carried a Fox Reality loop of programming until Nat Geo Wild was picked up. I think SoapNet is somewhat different to Fox Reality as it still airs "new" programming of encore presentations of the day's soap operas (The Young and the Restless, Days of our Lives, and General Hospital). It also airs some classic shows like Beverly Hills, 90210, Veronica Mars, All My Children, Brothers & Sisters, One Tree Hill, and Gilmore Girls. I think an example that is similar would be Nick Gas on Dish whenever there was some technical difficulties with splitting Noggin into what is now Nick Jr (formerly Noggin) and Teen Nick (formerly The N).

D* does not add new HD, thought we all knew this already. if there is no PPV in front of it, It will not be in HD. SSDD

Disney Jr is up and running
NASA is on 346 now

funny as NASA shows up in my favorites (even though it moved channels) but Disney Jr does not. Had to add it to favorites

Well, got up this morning and guess what the kids were glued to and have been watching since.... Disney JR... They loved in the morning when disney was disney jr and now that it is a full time channel... Yea, they don't care Nick is gone..

even though no one in my house has interest in disney jr, it is a shame it wasn't added in HD for those that do have kids who watch it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts