DIRECTV TO LAUNCH DISNEY JR SATURDAY

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Things are moving along great for my little 6 month old son. First Baby First TV became FREE, now when he out grows that We (Current Directv Subs) were able to keep Sprout and now we have Disney Jr. (I do have to make myself clear though I don't believe the TV should be a baby sitter, just nice when you need to do something and know they can watch TV that isn't filled with all the junk that's on all the other channels.)

Dish actually carries both OWN and Nat Geo Wild in HD.

I never really understood OWN replacing Discovery Health due to poor ratings. Then, Discovery turns around and rebrands Fit TV as Discovery Fit and Health. Dish does not carry it since it did not carry Fit TV. Dish carries Veria. About the only thing I watched on OWN was Mystery Diagnosis, but I do have to admit that the HD feed does look nice. I suppose that is for another thread, though.

I remember that DirecTV carried a Fox Reality loop of programming until Nat Geo Wild was picked up. I think SoapNet is somewhat different to Fox Reality as it still airs "new" programming of encore presentations of the day's soap operas (The Young and the Restless, Days of our Lives, and General Hospital). It also airs some classic shows like Beverly Hills, 90210, Veronica Mars, All My Children, Brothers & Sisters, One Tree Hill, and Gilmore Girls. I think an example that is similar would be Nick Gas on Dish whenever there was some technical difficulties with splitting Noggin into what is now Nick Jr (formerly Noggin) and Teen Nick (formerly The N).

I give that channel a year and it will fold. The ratings are so poor. Discovery will have to come up with another plan for this channel but I think the OWN as we know it will be gone.

MSHAW2715 said:
No statement has been made as to what package it will go in. We probably won't know tell we get closer to the end of that preview.

Or maybe until the viacrap issue is resolved. Either way, it's a nice addition considering I have a 15 month old and the only thing he watched was spongebob. And I really hated seeing him watch it, spongebobs voice makes me wanna shoot myself! Lol

My 5yr old has yet to complain. Adults without kids who are complaining Disney Jr is not in HD should probably consider a little self-reflection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)