DirecTV To Relaunch The 101 Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cool.

D* has really turned this channel into a draw for subs. They need to promote it more.

I wonder if eventually, with Liberty Enertainment and DirecTV merging, and Liberty having control of DirecTV, along with 50% of GSN, Starz!, Encore, and QVC if "The 101" could eventually become a cable network that would be distributed to cable, Dish, and IPTV platforms.

I have started watching the 101 more and more. Looking for to Oz. I liked the show Smith so it is nice to the see the non aired episodes.

You also cant beat the concerts.

I've been very pleased with some of the content this past year. I watched some stuff I'd never seen and others they premiered: Friday night lights, Sleeper Cell, and I really like the Trailer park boys (new to me).

Pathetic IMO. A relaunch of this is big news for D* while FIOS and DISH add HD channels. Sad. I like the 101 but its not anything new.

Perhaps the third launch is a charm?
News to me.

So I guess, as I said, they need to promote it more.

To be honest, if it werent for the front page news here, I would not know it was being relaunched now.

I do not watch it that much, but it has good content, and could be a draw. SO, like I said, they need to promote it more:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.