DirecTV Touts HD Ambitions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hahler2 said:
I think I tend to agree with D* saying that subs want HD LIL first. Personally the only reason I haven't switched to E* is because I wouldn't be able to get my HD DNS channels which I love for college and NFL football in HD. So I continue to wait in hopes that next year we will see some significant offerings in national HD as we have been promised. Now if we don't see new national HD by the end of next year I will definitely have to rethink my position.

I don't think the wishes of the D* subs has much to do with the focus on HD LIL.

I think D* anticipated what may happen when the analog channels get shut-off. By that time there will be lots more HD available (local and national). The NAB will make a big stink with the FCC about cable/DBS needing to carry HD and multicast feeds. Rather than trying to fight the FCC later, D* is investing now in its future; they will have an infrastructure in-place, and be ready to handle the mandates that are bound to happen.

It's also about competing with cable. If local cable operators have local HD, then D* needs it to compete.

Whether subscribers consider it a high or low priority is at-best the third reason behind competition and regulatory issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)