DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/24/2024

Interesting! I have Directv Stream. The guide shows I shouldn't be getting them, but I am.

That contract along with the ones for the legacy Tribune stations like WPIX, WPHL, WGN, KWGN, KTLA, etc are part of this. The Tribune contracts basically remained in place until the successors next renewal. WPIX is the oddball though, it got sent to Scripps first, and then Mission, but worded the deal so Nexstar directly handles their retrans deals instead of Mission
The Nexstar contract was last renewed on August 29, 2019. It expired July 2nd.
Why almost two months short?

I believe it's common practice for negotiations to go past the expiration date and for channels to remain available to viewers during that time. So perhaps that was the case in 2019.
No, I remember on the 4th of July in 2019 they dropped the channels, and didn't restore them until August 29th, 2019.
And it did affect you back then just as it is today, as you don't have KSEE/24 (NBC) and KGPE/47 (CBS)

Here's an SD local map I made. In about a year there may be more red on here!

Attachments

• SD local map.png
    SD local map.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Gary Toma
77 MeTV and 314 FMC are now live.

If you're in a market with a MeTV LIL you get a 727 error on channel 77 and game search will search for the program on your LIL station.

Also, now that the early rounds of Wimbledon are over, channels 901-905 have been repurposed for The Open Championship on 7/20-7/23, and then 901-907 will have bonus US Open Tennis coverage on 8/28-9/3. There will also be 4K coverage on channel 105.
Yeah ...

MeTV on satellite ch. 77 is indeed grayed-out here in LA since it's carried on our local KAZA 54.

At least the west coast network feed is, whereas ch. 77 appears to be east coast. ....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
28 WBRE HD is still showing the looping video, but SD is now showing this slate.
“Our rights to provide it will potentially expire soon.” Like they haven’t ALREADY expired?

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 43
DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jul 12 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jul 12 2023 vs Jul 05 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
280​
2​
1308​
SD mpeg4
141​
1​
184​
SD mpeg2
381​
-1​
415​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
-1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
45​
-2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

A Few Changes
Nothing too major
Weekly Analysis soon

Enjoy and Stay Safe
DataDigesters

Reactions: starchild
Weekly Analysis for 7/12/2023 :

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230712.xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: starchild
In addition to MeTV and FMC going live, the removal of VALU and Wimbledon being replaced by the Opens:

More prep for Meet Max streaming promo on channel 512

668.3 *TWINS and 676.8 Bally Southwest Extra 6 (which would have been the Rangers feed) were removed

Subchannel relabels hit Wheeling, Wichita Falls and Wilmington

The targetted GIFT and THANKS channels are live, 9582 MOVIE has been replaced by 9753 *SPORTS Sports Pack Upgrade

Subchannel relabels hit Wheeling, Wichita Falls and Wilmington
I went through the Wilmington DMA on my way from Wilson to Myrtle Beach (and the other way around from Myrtle Beach to Warrenton, VA in the DC DMA) a month ago.
Aside from those changes:
Test channels 9008-9011 and the last Nexstar info channel (5-9 for WFRV, Green Bay’s CBS affiliate) gone
KTUL-DT4 OTA channel remapped from RF 10 to RF 14 (KTUL already changed their RF channel to 14 from 10 on May 29, but DirecTV did not remap this subchannel to their new RF channel until now)

Test channels 9008-9011
The low 9000s are just internal engineering prep records for the Tennis/Golf experiences in the 900s, so they're not worth mentioning seperately from the general Wimbledon-Opens switch:
9001 - Testing the experience for MIX (SMXHD)
9002 - Testing the experience for the simulcast (CINEHD 151)
9003 - Testing the experience for Court 1 (CINEHD 152)
9004 - Testing the experience for Court 2 (CINEHD 153)
9005 - Testing the experience for Court 3 (CINEHD 149)
9006 - Testing the experience for Court 4 (CINEHD 150)
9007 - Testing the experience for Court 5 (CINEHD 148)
9008 - Testing the experience for WABC LIL
9009 - Testing the experience for WABC DNS
9010 - Testing the experience for KABC LIL
9011 - Testing the experience for KABC DNS
9206 - Testing the experience for ESPN
9209 - Testing the experience for ESPN2
9217 - Testing the experience for Tennis Channel

9008-9011 frequently get removed and readded depending on which broadcast networks, if any, have the rights to a given tournament and if all 7 experience channels are needed, as most golf coverage only uses 901-905. Like for US Open Golf 9006 was used for WNBC LIL, 9007 was used for WNBC DNS, 9008 was used for KNBC LIL, 9009 was used for KNBC DNS and 9010 was used for USA. While for Roland-Garros NBC only had the rights to the finals after the experience ended, so the extra test feeds weren't needed.

KTUL-DT4 OTA channel remapped from RF 10 to RF 14 (KTUL already changed their RF channel to 14 from 10 on May 29, but DirecTV did not remap this subchannel to their new RF channel until now)
The "newly" added OTA channels from the expansion get their RF data updates directly from Gracenote, while the original OTA channels from before they hit the 65535 (0xffff) limit are stuck with their old info.

KTULDT4 was newly added as its real TMSID is 102378 (the fake TMSID is 12721). The rest of the KTULDTx's have real TMSIDs below 65535 (34302, 34304, 54457)

After they halted the expansion of the OTA database, they reintroduced the ability to scan to Hx2xs (and Genies already had the ability to scan), so it will still be able to match them on major-minor even though the RF data still says 10 for 8.1-8.3, and it will include Charge! on KTUL 8.5, which launched after they halted the expansion.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
After they halted the expansion of the OTA database, they reintroduced the ability to scan to Hx2xs (and Genies already had the ability to scan), so it will still be able to match them on major-minor even though the RF data still says 10 for 8.1-8.3, and it will include Charge! on KTUL 8.5, which launched after they halted the expansion.
I don't have an AM21 or LCC (I'm not even sure if they make those available during disputes anymore), so I would have to guess any subchannels that launched after they halted the expansion display in the guide with their PSIP name and not the generic callsignDTx name, right?

Yeah, like locally WOLF 56-4 appears as "Charge!" with a generic "Regular Schedule" listing.