DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/15/2024

I see, I know customers in Wayne County, IN got Dayton's stations (including WDTN) in addition to the Indianapolis stations. But all except WKEF's Fox subchannel were removed and replaced with the corresponding Indianapolis station around the week of 2/9/22 (e.g. WTHR is now on 13 and 2, WTTV is on 4 and 7, WRTV is on 6 and 22, yet WKEF-D2 (Fox) is still on 23 there)

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
They could have temporarily provided Wilson County customers with WNCT, but that is sadly also owned by Nexstar (they seem to own something anywhere nowadays!)
I looked at what they can provide based on the county:
Chatham - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Cumberland - WBTW
Durham - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Edgecombe - WNCT
Franklin - WNCT

Granville - Nothing
Halifax - WNCT
Harnett - Nothing
Hoke - WNCT
Johnston - WNCT

Lee - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Mecklenburg (VA orphan) - WTVR or WDBJ (WDBJ is already carried but not in HD)
Moore - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Nash - WNCT
Northampton - WTKR or WNCT
Orange - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Person - WNCT
Sampson - WNCT

Vance - Nothing
Wake - Nothing
Warren - WNCT
Wayne - WNCT
Wilson - WNCT

I looked at what they can provide based on the county:
Chatham - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Cumberland - WBTW
Durham - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Edgecombe - WNCT
Franklin - WNCT

Granville - Nothing
Halifax - WNCT
Harnett - Nothing
Hoke - WNCT
Johnston - WNCT

Lee - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Mecklenburg (VA orphan) - WTVR or WDBJ (WDBJ is already carried but not in HD)
Moore - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Nash - WNCT
Northampton - WTKR or WNCT
Orange - WFMY (already carried but not in HD)
Person - WNCT
Sampson - WNCT

Vance - Nothing
Wake - Nothing
Warren - WNCT
Wayne - WNCT
Wilson - WNCT
It seems like if WNCT wasn't owned by Nexstar, most of the Raleigh DMA would still be getting CBS programming through an alternate station during this dispute.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jul 05 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jul 05 2023 vs Jun 28 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
278​
-1​
1308​
-138​
SD mpeg4
140​
1​
184​
-14​
SD mpeg2
382​
-21​
415​
-25​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
47​
-2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
WOW !!
Stay away for a couple of days and the world collapses!

226 NEXTAR LIL channels off air with Redirected Slide Channel

Sad Times for Local Customers with Corporate GREED

Weekly Analysis soon.
DataDigesters

Reactions: "MysteryMan"
WEEKLY ANALYSIS for 7/5/2023:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230705.xlsx
    45.6 KB · Views: 69
Besides the already documented Sunday evening removal of the Nexstar stations, with the broadcast channels now being remapped to the video loops and NewsNation to slates, not much new to report since Saturday's run besides the addition of an interactive 9815 *DTV "Meet Max" channel in test mode.

Besides the already documented Sunday evening removal of the Nexstar stations, with the broadcast channels now being remapped to the video loops and NewsNation to slates, not much new to report since Saturday's run besides the addition of an interactive 9815 *DTV "Meet Max" channel in test mode.
While I was randomly browsing the guide last night I did discover some logo updates. ESPNU and Tennis Channel dropped their HD feed specific logos and the Golf Channel logo looks updated, but for some reason ESPN On Demand now has the ESPNews logo.

While I was randomly browsing the guide last night I did discover some logo updates. ESPNU and Tennis Channel dropped their HD feed specific logos and the Golf Channel logo looks updated, but for some reason ESPN On Demand now has the ESPNews logo.
Also just noticed FOX On Demand now has the FOX News Channel logo. Very weird!
MTV On Demand has an MTV Live logo as well!

• Wow
Okay, for whatever reason I've now lost NBC and CBS On Demand, even though On Demand is tied to the networks and not the affiliates!
Entering 1002 and 1004 give me a "Channel Not Available" message at the top INSTEAD of the DirecTV logo and "1002 CBS or 1004 NBC is not currently available"

Turns out the wrong On Demand logos I mentioned earlier only appear in the On Demand section of the menu and not when I scroll through the On Demand channels in the favorite list editor.

Nice! Hopefully KyL can check if they’re still testing that Twins feed on Stream
The TWINS feed was killed earlier this afternoon at around 1:28pm ET. The DBACKS feed is still showing the logo slate, and the REDS feed still has the Comcast Technology Solutions test pattern.

Attachments

• TWINS-230705T172824Z.jpg
    TWINS-230705T172824Z.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 53
  • TWINS-230705T172830Z.jpg
    TWINS-230705T172830Z.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DBACKS-230706T0Z.jpg
    DBACKS-230706T0Z.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 62
  • REDS-230706T0Z.jpg
    REDS-230706T0Z.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 53
For Gracenote, "YESNTBO" and "YESNTHB" is for areas that get the Yankees and Liberty, but not the Nets, "YESBO" and "YESBOHD" is for areas that only get the Yankees, but not the Liberty or Nets.

But looking at the thumbnails from the last time a live Liberty game was on YES, DIRECTV is actually using the Yankees/Liberty-no Nets feed for their "YESBOHD" stream. I also threw in the various slates that appeared on "YES2HD" prior to the last time it had a Nets Playoff game on 4/20, and screenshots of YES the last time it had a Nets playoff game on 4/17.
I went to YES2 on the app and it still has that standby screen for the 4/20 Nets playoff game instead of the “there’s no broadcast airing at this time” slate!

Can anyone who has a Nexstar station in a dispute that’s not affiliated with NBC or CBS confirm if they are missing Fox, ABC, or CW on demand? I am missing NBC and CBS on demand and their affiliates here are both in disputes.