DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/1/2024

Scripps is already bragging to their investors that they will be collecting higher retransmission consent fees for the Scripps Sports channels, so DIRECTV probably isn't in a rush to add those subchannels mid-term unless Scripps gives them a very favorable deal for a team that has a high risk of leaving the state or country in 2026.

They are simulcasting some of this week's games on their CW affiliate KASW/61, but that's only because they are traveling on the east coast so those games wrapped up by primetime. Most of the other games won't be airing on KASW as they conflict with LIV Golf, ACC Football and CW's primetime schedule.

The Rockies and Pirates still have several months to decide what they want to do next season, worst case scenario is they turn down Altitude and SportsNet Pittsburgh's offers and go at it alone with MLB like the Padres and Diamondbacks.

INFO channels about losing SD locals have been added to Columbus OH, Indianapolis, Norfolk, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Antonio and Tampa. Even with these markets along with Zanesville, a lot more drops and/or reshuffles would need to happen before they can entertain the idea of converting a spotbeam TPN to national use.

The Mission and White Knight channels are now pointing to ku/ka offline slates

Kids Mix moved to channel 189

KEMS/17 is now live in the Salt Lake City DMA

Discover MGM+/Billy the Kid is now live as a streaming Genie experience on channel 561

1501 HBO On Demand has been renamed to "Max | HBO On Demand" and now includes previews of select Max originals. You still need to use the Max app to access all of the Max exclusives.

The D12/TPN 12 channels have moved to D14/TPN 19, and now there's prep to move the D12/TPN 14 channels along with CLEO HD (who is currently on D11/TPN 4) to D12/TPN 12

It sure would be nice to see some 4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos content from Max via satellite.

Don't hold your breath on that, especially since after the current grace period, Max will be limiting their 4K content to the "Ultimate Ad-free" tier which is $4 more than what a standalone HBO subscription costs.

• Sad
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Don't hold your breath on that, especially since after the current grace period, Max will be limiting their 4K content to the "Ultimate Ad-free" tier which is $4 more than what a standalone HBO subscription costs.

It will be interesting to see if there will be any reason to subscribe to Max/HBO via DIRECTV once that happens.

Do you think there will be any?
Also, speaking of Max and HBO, I am in a weird situation where I no longer have the HBO channels in my CIG guide, but can still access Max and watch the shows on there. I know I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T back in April, but it's really weird to only lose access to HBO TV and not also Max and even then have it take several months for that to happen!
Oh, and waht's weirder is I can still stream the HBO TV Channels on the D* website and app.

• Wow
Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
It sure would be nice to see some 4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos content from Max via satellite.

I'm pretty sure we will not see much more 4K coming via linear - definitely never see a full time 4K channel from anyone.

Not worth the trouble to the networks, who know that linear is a ticking time bomb waiting for ESPN to make a full DTC offering. When that happens it'll be the starting gun for the real cord cutting bloodbath.

I have been out of contact this week, and am just looking at this weeks data collection. There are now INFO notices warning folks watching SD duplicate locals on some 101 spot beams that they must upgrade their equipment. The INFO channels are now up for Orlando, Tampa, Indianapolis, Columbus OH, Norfolk, (for the Raleight stations), San Antonio, Salt Lake City, and Zanesville. This is just the beginning. DirecTV applied to extend the license for D9S from December 31, 2023 to July 31, 2024. D9S is running out of fuel and will have to go into a disposal orbit by July, and there will be NO spot beams at 101 after that. They could continue SD duplicate locals for some of the large cities using National beams from D16 on the the same TPN numbers as the current spot beams.

Meanwhile, we can anticipate the the shutdown of most SD duplicate locals from 101 over the next 8 months.

If they’re gonna do that, why can’t they just shut off the Raleigh locals in the Raleigh DMA itself?
In the past they have done it one DMA at a time, probably to ease the load on the CSR and installers. Raleigh won't be far behind.

Last edited:
The HD feeds of 683 SportsNet Rocky Mountain and 684 Rocky Mountain West were prematurely replaced with INFO slates about their upcoming shutdown today, as their SD and streaming feeds are still live. 684 HD/SD is also now pointing to the same TID/PIDs as 683 HD/SD

EDIT: Their streaming and SD feeds have since been taken down too.

Also here's the slate that will be replacing Bally Arizona tomorrow, for the Coyotes they are telling viewers to use an antenna to get the games, so it doesn't look like DIRECTV will be adding KNXV-D2 for Phoenix, KGUN-D2 for Tucson or KSTU-D2 for Utah anytime soon:

Attachments

• BSAZHD-shutdown.jpg
    BSAZHD-shutdown.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Will Bally San Diego shut down at a later date as well? It's worthless for Diamond to still keep that on as it's just repeats Bally SoCal now...

Last edited:
Will Bally San Diego shut down at a later date as well? It's worthless for Diamond to still keep that on as it's just repeats Bally SoCal now...
At the risk of going off topic, I've been curious why they kept the lights on in SD because infomercial/ad revenue has to be lower than staff/retransmission costs on what is essentially a ghost station. If you're trying to convince the court you're legitimately reorganizing, knowingly running a station at a loss seems like contrary evidence?

infomercial/ad revenue has to be lower than staff/retransmission costs on what is essentially a ghost station.
Bally San Diego doesn't show infomercials, where they would be in the morning is instead just filler programming normally seen on the Extra overflow channels.
I'm not really sure if you can call it a ghost station, they do simulcast the Clippers and Ducks games from Bally Sports SoCal, heck even Bally San Diego's X/Twitter page has posts/tweets from a few days ago about the ducks.
If you're trying to convince the court you're legitimately reorganizing, knowingly running a station at a loss seems like contrary evidence?
Sure does!

The first game is in the guide on channel 687-2 tomorrow night.

Also, they're kind of exaggerating their all Utah viewers being able to get the games OTA thing. Even with their massive amount of translators, there are still significant portions of the state out of range or too far away/terrain blocked from the nearest translator.

• Wow
The first game is in the guide on channel 687-2 tomorrow night.

Also, they kind of exaggerating their all Utah viewers being able to get the games OTA thing. Even with their massive amount of translators, there are still siginficant portions of the state out of range or too far away from the nearest translator.
Does anybody live in those places?

That valley between St George and Santa Clara in the southwest of the state near W Sunset Blvd/Route 8 is pretty densely populated with residential housing, and much of it is terrrain blocked from the two nearest translators. Over at the HDHomeRun forum a user from that area posted about having problems picking up the stations last year.

• Wow