DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/15/2024

They can always put it back to Bally Sports Extra 3 HD or add any other part time feed to the guide in the rare chance they actually need it for an overflow. But between the MLS leaving for Apple TV and Diamond giving up the Raycom ACC games, a lot of the placeholders for the "Extra/Plus" feeds are no longer needed.

My need for the RSN's went away when the ACC announced that the raycom gemes would now be carried on the CW. I just wish my local CW station was in HD. The CW app is no help, if there is a local station, it just streams the local station (SD in this case).

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Thank you for pointing out that this is "HD". It is better than SD. When I was originally evaluating it, the program content was some locally produced nonsense, and tonights movie looks better. I think they are compressing the video a lot in order to fit in to their OTA digital tranmitter bandwidth, along with a 1080i CBS channel and two 480i channels.

Last edited:
Those special NBA test channels might be gone soon:

Do you have an antenna at your NC home, if so, does it pick up WNCT? They carry CW on their D2 sub-channel in HD.
I re-enabled my LCC, and comparing the OTA signal to the DirecTV feed of CW on my local WNCT-D2 channel, the OTA signal is 720P and the satellite feed is lower resolution, so the SD label in the Guide is correct. With the LCC enabled, I can record the ACC basketball games on The CW if I need to. Problem solved. I just have to remember to disconnect the LCC from the antenna and rescan before we move north next spring, Otherwise I keep seeing the North Carolina OTA channels in my guide, when the LCC is in North Carolina (It's worthless in the Adirondacks, no OTA available.)

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Nov 08 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Nov 08 2023 vs Nov 01 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
3​
-1​
HD​
275​
1447​
SD mpeg4
140​
197​
SD mpeg2
403​
1​
440​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
SD mpeg2
4​
4​
RB​
Engr Work​
54​
-3​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

Santa Channel in *TEST
A few usual shifts
Not much else
Weekly Analysis soon
DataDigesters

CINE 178-181 are in test mode using spare space on 101 TPNs 8 and 17

The extra ESPN+ for Business channels have been added (one of which is incorrectly labeled "EPSN+")

Targetted offer channels now live: 9751 GIFT (Center Ice on Us), 9758 DTV PP (Protection Plan), 9759 GEMINI

Some more LIL rebalancing in Idaho Falls and Montgomery

WADL Detroit reverted back to MNT instead of CW/MNT (for now...)

Removal of Pelicans prep channel and 9950 PTNW

Missing linear channels test slate on 9804, which will likely be used for those markets that will be losing their SD LIL channels soon.