DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 5/15/2024

They also finally remapped the significantly viewed mirrors of WVNY Burlington for the Vermont portions of the Albany and Boston DMAs to the Mission dispute slate
The funny thing is it’s not mentioned on TV Promise. (Entering Bennington, VT ZIP code 05201 on TVPromise.com brings up the statement for WXXA/23, without an additional one for WVNY, while entering Windham, VT ZIP code 05359 just brings up a message saying there’s no disputes in that area and not WVNY’s statement)

Fox did a similar thing with their FX, Nat Geo and FSN channels for renewals that occurred during the leadup to the Disney sale, and the subsequent divestment of the FSN stations to Diamond/Sinclair.
What about Fox News and Fox Business? I know those are usually on separate contracts from the other Fox networks.

If this dispute happens, they should probably give customers in counties bordering other DMAs significantly viewed stations affiliated with the network affiliated with the station affected by the dispute.
I looked, and for WBRE they can provide:
WETM to Bradford
WCAU to Carbon
WCAU or WNBC to Monroe
WCAU to Schuylkill
WGAL to Snyder
WNBC to Wayne

For WTEN (the Nexstar station where Tom is) they can’t provide anything, as none of the Albany DMA counties have SV stations, other than WRNN in some counties, and WKTV Utica in Montgomery County

But still, it is an option, as the beams seem to cover the mentioned counties adequately (except for Schuylkill, Carbon, and western Monroe County from the Philadelphia SD D9S beam)

Attachments

• Harrisburg (HD only).jpg
    Harrisburg (HD only).jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Philadelphia (SD).jpg
    Philadelphia (SD).jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Philadelphia (HD).jpg
    Philadelphia (HD).jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 58
(except for Schuylkill, Carbon, and western Monroe County from the Philadelphia SD D9S beam)
Monroe, Carbon and Schuylkill are well within the acceptable range for the Philly stations as Chester and Berks counties in PA, Kent and New Castle counties in DE, and the southern portions of Salem, Cumberland and Cape May counties in NJ are also in that same 60-62 dBW zone, and they are all part of the Philly DMA.

Heck, most of the southern portion of the WBS DMA was in the same range for their SD locals when they shared a D7S spotbeam with Buffalo that was focused on upstate NY. Our HD locals are on the same beam as Harrisburg which is focused on Baltimore, so the northern and western counties are in that zone between blue and white on that map.

I have tolerated the loss of my Mission Broadcasting FOX station, and will tolerate the loss of my local ABC station. I just don't want DirecTV to cave in to this illegal collusion by Nexstar and it's supposedly independent subsidiaries. We don't watch that much TV in the summer anyway.

Aside from that, I've never seen DirecTV get into a dispute with the Hubbard Broadcasting stations, including your local NBC station.
Wonder why some owners never get into disputes with DirecTV and some do...

I just don't want DirecTV to cave in to this illegal collusion by Nexstar and it's supposedly independent subsidiaries.
I do agree that it's illegal, but what do you think would happen if they did, would the Mission stations just not come back?
I also understand Mission is trying to acquire a station in Detroit, so that sale may have to be put off until this dispute can finally get solved.

I've never seen DirecTV get into a dispute with the Hubbard Broadcasting stations
It probably helps that Hubbard was the owner of USSB, and the merger had a clause guaranteeing perpetual carriage of up to 3 of their cable channels, which ended up being Reelz, Ovation, and the now defunct All News Channel.

Also they aren't a large broadcaster, as outside of #15 Minneapolis, they don't have a presence in any of the other top 25 DMAs, the rest of their markets are #49 Albuquerque, #59 Albany NY, #77 Rochester NY, and then #139 Duluth and #151 Rochester MN

It probably helps that Hubbard was the owner of USSB, and the merger had a clause guaranteeing perpetual carriage of up to 3 of their cable channels, which ended up being Reelz, Ovation, and the now defunct All News Channel.

Also they aren't a large broadcaster, as outside of #15 Minneapolis, they don't have a presence in any of the other top 25 DMAs, the rest of their markets are #49 Albuquerque, #59 Albany NY, #77 Rochester NY, and then #139 Duluth
You're forgetting Rochester, MN (KAAL/6)

Also they aren't a large broadcaster, as outside of #15 Minneapolis, they don't have a presence in any of the other top 25 DMAs, the rest of their markets are #49 Albuquerque, #59 Albany NY, #77 Rochester NY, and then #139 Duluth and #151 Rochester MN
I've also never seen them get into disputes with Scripps, Graham Media, or WPLG (They're owned by Berkshire Hathaway but the website design is still the one Graham's stations has, yet I'm not sure if Graham still handles it's retrans deals)

Fox did a similar thing with their FX, Nat Geo and FSN channels for renewals that occurred during the leadup to the Disney sale, and the subsequent divestment of the FSN stations to Diamond/Sinclair.
Is that why Dish only dropped just the FSN channels back in July 2019 and not also the FX and Nat Geo channels?