DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 6/5/2024

So what happens if we don't post the Transponder Summary , Weekly Analysis or Domestic Transponder spreadsheet?
Doctor j

Well I do still remember when it was almost 9am on a Wednesday a long time ago (we were still on edgecutter back then, but Stuart hasn’t archived it and put it on somewhere we can go to) and still never saw a Transponder Summary or Weekly Analysis spreadsheet until I said that there wasn’t one. Then I saw it get posted a few minutes later.
So if it wasn’t posted, I’d just say that I didn’t see one.

I can as well, but I would like them being posted still. I don't wanna wake up next Wednesday and not see anything on here!
If Doctor J doesn't run the collections and post them, you won't be able to see anything current, except Gary's TPN maps, and then only if Doctor J, or perhaps myself provides the data to Gary, and I am often unreliable.

• Angry
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Cleaning up the remaining Nexstar INFO channel for Lafayette LA
These markets still have Nexstar Info channels on the latest map:
Myrtle Beach (WBTW)
Lexington (WDKY)
Little Rock (KARK)
Lubbock (KLBK)
Memphis (WREG)
Minot (KXMA and KXMB)
Mobile/Pensacola (WKRG and WFNA)
Monroe (KARD)
Nashville (WKRN)
Norfolk (WAVY)
Odessa (KMID)
Youngstown (WKBN and WYFX-LD)

channels 9526 and 9527 will now be turned into ESPN+ for Business to allow more college football exclusives on Saturdays (while also being able to show UFC Fight Nights, the possible October UFC PPV at no extra cost for bars, and Top Rank Boxing) and more college sports. Not sure where Yankees on Prime Video channel for bars will land

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Aug 16 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Aug 16 2023 vs Aug 09 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
273​
1289​
SD mpeg4
140​
184​
SD mpeg2
377​
2​
410​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
48​
-3​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

No Comments re: results
I have felt disrespected from some (well one) and have struggled mightyly as to whether to post at all today.
My OCD has won for today and data completed but am really uncertain if my efforts are worth it!!

In addition to the previously mentioned removal of SEC Alternates, and the NFL RedZone and Targetted Sports Pack Offer channels going out of test mode and the BTN Alternates being added.

The ESPN College Extra channels were removed, except for 788. (788-793 will eventually return as extra NHL Center Ice HD channels to match their already existing SD counterparts)

The remaining Nexstar INFO channels were removed

More targetted slides in test on channels 9112 and 9759

A targetted NFL Sunday Ticket for Business Auth slide was added to channel 9549

KMCC Vegas is now listed as an Independent instead of Ion as it rebranded to "Vegas 34" on Monday in preperation of becoming the new OTA home of the Golden Knights. (Locally ION moved to 34.2 OTA)

CINEHD 158 returned, now pointing to the same TID/PID that has CINEHD 161, however the listings for 158 don't begin until next Tuesday when 161 just shows To Be Announced, so it's a prep for a channel number change.

Subchannel relabels hit the rest of Yuma

Passing along Gracenote's update of the RF numbers for WPSG's subchannels

I have felt disrespected from some (well one) and have struggled mightyly as to whether to post at all today.
- why don't you do what I (& I'm sure others do) & utilize the ignore feature, & you won't have to deal with the disrespect, &/or other minutia that wastes time - problem solved!
My OCD has won for today and data completed but am really uncertain if my efforts are worth it!!
- they absolutely ARE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken_984
We can all contribute to getting this TPN Map thread back on topic.
This Forum now has threads for:​

DIRECTV Guide Issues and​
DIRECTV Guide Logo Issues​

Those very narrow thread topics will hopefully relieve much of the off-topic posting here on the TPN Map thread.

DVR via app