Directv universal remote won't operate my TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
I just got a Magnavox 15MF400T LCD TV for my bedroom, and it works fine except that I can't get the Directv universal remote control to operate it. The D* receiver's on screen instructions list four different codes for Magnavox TV's, but none of them work. Then I used the on screen instructions to try to search for a code that might work, but I couldn't find one. The instructions said it might take a long time, but I tried it until I was almost blue in the face and it just didn't work.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I wonder if I could go out and buy a universal remote control at an electronics store and get it to work. I know that they can operate Directv boxes but I'm just wondering if another universal remote will operate my new Magnavox TV or not.

My Directv box is a brand new model D11, MFR 500.

I just got a Magnavox 15MF400T LCD TV for my bedroom, and it works fine except that I can't get the Directv universal remote control to operate it. The D* receiver's on screen instructions list four different codes for Magnavox TV's, but none of them work. Then I used the on screen instructions to try to search for a code that might work, but I couldn't find one. The instructions said it might take a long time, but I tried it until I was almost blue in the face and it just didn't work.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I wonder if I could go out and buy a universal remote control at an electronics store and get it to work. I know that they can operate Directv boxes but I'm just wondering if another universal remote will operate my new Magnavox TV or not.

My Directv box is a brand new model D11, MFR 500.

If you want to buy a new one, try the Harmony remotes, they are programable and should do everything you want as well.

Jimbo

I've got a 42" Magnavox plasma and haven't found a remote that works out of the box. Harmony will be the way to go. By the way, if you need an OEM remote, you'll be out $45.00.

Thanks for your replies guys. I tried your list and it didn't work. As far as the harmony remotes go, I think they are a bit out of my price range for a small TV in my bedroom. I guess I'll just have to live with using two remotes. But heck, it's not the end of the world.

Yeah, I've had to live with the two remote setup in my bedroom the whole time. I've gone through three receivers/remotes, and none of them have been able to control the TV half of my Toshiba TV/DVD combo. And you're right, it's hard to justify the spend to make it work for a small bedroom setup.

Yeah, I've had to live with the two remote setup in my bedroom the whole time. I've gone through three receivers/remotes, and none of them have been able to control the TV half of my Toshiba TV/DVD combo. And you're right, it's hard to justify the spend to make it work for a small bedroom setup.

For your toshiba tv/dvd combo, use code 20695 on either av1 or av2 devices, then to punch-though the vol to all devices do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press SELECT

As for the OP, no oem or preprogrammed universal remote has a preset code for the new magnavoxes, you will need a learning remote, There are the one-for-all urc-6820, 8820, 10820, an 6690. There isn't a preset code for Directv receiver either, but there's enough learning memory for the TV & DTV for you to teach. all the OFA remotes are under $20.

For your toshiba tv/dvd combo, use code 20695 on either av1 or av2 devices, then to punch-though the vol to all devices do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press SELECT

Edmund, you are a legend. Thanks! For my reference, how would I have found this without this thread? I've done numerous Google searches and come up with zero.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)