DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dont you enjoy watching pre and post game on your RSNs also?
No, if I want to know something, that is what the internet is for.

I also have never DVR’ed a game either, live or nothing, if I want highlights, again use the internet.

Lets do some basic math

2.5 billion divided by 2 million subs

Why thats over $1000 a season

Enjoy streamers!!!!!!!

Yeah, if he predicts something you're pretty safe betting the complete opposite. His best one was when he said an NFL franchise was going to fail. :oldlaugh

NFL is the most watched sport in the US, every NFL fan is not tuning into every other sport in existence like he suggests (I know, because that includes me).

Mostly pivots and backtracks from the detractors today. Up next standalone ESPN once Disney spins it off.
Stand alone ESPN won’t happen as it’s forbidden in the carrier agreements.

Since you keep posting that the only ones who want ST is because they only care about the out of market teams, why then would they care about a in market RSN?

People do move or have a favorite team from other areas, not just the NFL.

I am proof of that.
Sports fans watch sports not lifestyles or whatever that womans channel is called

Lets do some basic math

Enjoy streamers!!!!!!!
No one knows how many will sub or the price yet, no one, but it is logical to assume more will subscribe since it is available to so many more and yes price can affect that.

But Google did not grow to be the monster it is by making stupid decisions like overpricing something.

Stand alone ESPN won’t happen as it’s forbidden in the carrier agreements.
That has been assumed but not proven.

And ESPN has already been putting on the same content on ESPN+, MNF is the biggest example, was just on a few nights ago, Regular Feed, Manning and Spanish .

What if the customer buy sunday ticket alacart but keep directv and tell google to go stuff youtube tv?

Lets do some basic math

Enjoy streamers!!!!!!!
I'll give you credit for one thing...you have quite an active imagination. None of those numbers mean anything. You made them up and pulled them out of midair.

So, I'll play...how many subs would it take to break even if they priced it at $10 million a year? Answer: 200!

Do you see how silly this is? No? I didn't think so.

What if the customer buy sunday ticket alacart but keep directv and tell google to go stuff youtube tv?
What about the people that only has DirecTV because of ST and tells DirecTV to stuff it, especially after the upcoming price increase that makes DirecTV average bill over $140, more then double YTTV.

What about the people that only has DirecTV because of ST and tells DirecTV to stuff it, especially after the upcoming price increase that makes DirecTV average bill over $140, more then double YTTV.
Yup

Now youtube tv has 5 million subs
So if google increased the price of youtube tv $500 a year..they could break even..roughly a $42 dollar a month increase..almost doubling the price

Yup

Now youtube tv has 5 million subs
So if google increased the price of youtube tv $500 a year..they could break even..roughly a $42 dollar a month increase..almost doubling the price
And still be cheaper then DirecTV.

Quit trying to dunk on me, it is getting embarrassing, this will be my last response to you.

Reactions: meStevo
I get the College deal NFL Sunday ticket college student deal for the next three for a very good price. Hopefully, this won't change when it comes to price, etc. Also, I want to see how many new subscribers they get next year. That will be interesting. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in an interview he expects the number of subscribers for Sunday Ticket to grow substantially with the move to YouTube. I also think Directv will continue to provide the service to those who can't get it any other way. Just my two cents

I also think Directv will continue to provide the service to those who can't get it any other way.
Logistics would play into that, basically how would DirecTV know how fast your Broadband is or not, go by the honor system?

No ISP reports their speed to DirecTV.

Also, if you just go by rural areas, where I live is considered Rural, Septic, Well Water, every house has at least 2 acres, but i get 1G speeds, this area did not even have Broadband until 2018, 2 years before I moved here.

Things we know, and things we don’t.

- If you read the articles literally, this is for home viewer rights only. That means that the NFL is going back to the well for the commercial rights. Google does have a “relationship” with DISH, but if you read it literally, it is not like Amazon TNF where Amazon is reselling it to DirecTV, but rather Google never bought the commercial package in the first place. DirecTV, already in all the sports bars, et al, and with the all important RSNs (imagine a sports bar that says “no, we really can’t show our team’s games” staying in business very long, is the obvious choice.

- Discussions of the CURRENT YTTV cancelation policy are irrelevant. They are using this package just like DirecTV did, and will probably have a very similar sign up policy.

- Similarly discussions of it being available “a la carte” via the YT Primetime marketplace, are not mentioned in any article. It just says that said package will be sold there. Never says it won’t be predicated on buying multiple other streamers through it as predication.

Predictions?

The literal reading of the commercial rights is correct, and a deal with a DBS provider will be announced later. 85% chance it is DirecTV, probably via one of its third party deals like it uses to distribute some fight content.

YTTV will adopt a customer sign up policy very close to what DirecTV had. They are not going to let people churn through, considering they are losing money on every ST sale. This is an exact copy of DirecTV’s game plan.

The Primetime marketplace is much ado about if not nothing, very little. One of two things will happen. Either they really do sell it a la carte, but at a price that makes sense if they are not using it for predication. $750 to $1000. Or, much more likely, you will have to buy a number of other streamers as predication. My guess would be at least four other streamers as predication. Why would they sell this at a loss?

The long term discussion/prediction? Discussion of the DirecTV business plan (loss leader based on predication) has been discussed before this thread began. It is now YTTV’s business plan. I was always agnostic about it, but whatever your opinion on it, be consistent now. My long term opinion is that, and the market agrees, (down 3.5% today, 22% YTD) is that times have changed. DirecTV was getting an edge with a unique offering in a three way race (cable, DISH, DirecTV) . This is no longer the case. YTTV (assuming its not stupid enough to actually sell it a la carte, which it isn’t) is just one of 20 and soon to be 40 choices for LINEAR television, which that in and of itself is now something a certain segment does without to save money. Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce
And still be cheaper then DirecTV.

Quit trying to dunk on me, it is getting embarrassing, this will be my last response to you.
Of course its cheaper..you don't get the premium sports packages directv has..you get what you pay for...its just that the cheap people buying youtube tv are not the audience for a premium package such as sunday ticket...its like selling a BMW at Walmart...should be fun to watch

Reactions: SamCdbs
I get the College deal NFL Sunday ticket college student deal for the next three for a very good price. Hopefully, this won't change when it comes to price, etc. Also, I want to see how many new subscribers they get next year. That will be interesting. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in an interview he expects the number of subscribers for Sunday Ticket to grow substantially with the move to YouTube. I also think Directv will continue to provide the service to those who can't get it any other way. Just my two cents
There's no reason to expect DirecTV to offer non-commercial service in any form, unless they let you stream it from YouTube on their boxes.

I doubt any alternative discounted services will be offered like the existing student package, but think you can expect a fair number of promotions (for YTTV, Youtube Premium and Chromecast hardware). I expect a uniform one-time and pay-over-time options for a season for all customers. We'll see where they go from there (team options, etc).

Of course its cheaper..you don't get the premium sports packages directv has..you get what you pay for...its just that the cheap people buying youtube tv are not the audience for a premium package such as sunday ticket.
Correct.

- Discussions of the CURRENT YTTV cancelation policy are irrelevant. They are using this package just like DirecTV did, and will probably have a very similar sign up policy.

- Similarly discussions of it being available “a la carte” via the YT Primetime marketplace, are not mentioned in any article. It just says that said package will be sold there. Never says it won’t be predicated on buying multiple other streamers through it as predication.
Wrong!

Beginning in 2023, NFL Sunday Ticket will be available on two of YouTube’s growing subscription businesses as an add-on package on YouTube TV and standalone a-la-carte on YouTube Primetime Channels.

That same language is mentioned in almost every other article I've read. It will be stand-alone!

• Love
He has 50+ posts in this thread saying Sunday Ticket will be predicated on another service. He's used to it.

All indications point to you'll just need to be able to login to YouTube.
Honestly, that was fine until today. Everyone was guessing and certainly entitled to their opinions, but we now have facts and ignoring them is pretty damn childish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.