DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, no reason not to expect a similar promotion next year, no press or history stating otherwise so he's just going with negative/FUD draw people down the rabbit hole.
…..TM.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Yeah, no reason not to expect a similar promotion next year, no press or history stating otherwise so he's just going with negative/FUD draw people down the rabbit hole.
I'm gonna predict Right Now, that it WILL go UP Next Year ....
I'll take a guess and say $20 - $40 .

Of course they will more than likely have a Pre Season discount .... most streaming services have.

Reactions: SamCdbs
I'm gonna predict Right Now, that it WILL go UP Next Year ....
I'll take a guess and say $20 - $40 .
The price is really a function of two factors.

First is just how much money is YouTube willing to lose? We don't know that number, but I'm sure YouTube has an idea.

Second no one knows. How many people are going to sign up for YouTube (grossly inferior to every alternative) linear TV service on the theory that either it comes with a "discount" on ST or just because it makes for "one bill". I don't know. My guess is not that many. Most cord switchers who don't have linear TV do so out of some combination of cheapness and a dislike of sports. Most people who have another linear TV service would miss the many channels YouTube doesn't have and might, at best, put up with it for the 18 weeks of the regular season before returning to a more robust service. After all, unlike DirecTV or cable, switching linear streaming services is a two minutes on a laptop deal. That is the hole in the YouTube gameplan, and, I suspect, will lead to higher and higher prices. The TV truism that "the NFL legitimized Fox" is, well, true, but that was 30 years ago and inapplicable to this situation, much to, I suspect, YouTube, dismay.

This just gets more and more obsessive. It'll never go streaming. It'll never be standalone. Now it is Google won't make money off it and It'll be more expensive next year.

What is next? ST won't impact the net profit per share price above $0.05? Impact on the US GDP will be unnoticeable?

Reactions: meStevo
This just gets more and more obsessive. It'll never go streaming. It'll never be standalone. Now it is Google won't make money off it and It'll be more expensive next year.

What is next? ST won't impact the net profit per share price above $0.05? Impact on the US GDP will be unnoticeable?

One of the more recent strange pivots is 'it's still exclusive' and 'it was supposed to be cheaper' (pretending the cost of DirecTV service isn't something that should be considered)

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo

How do you make money when you pay 2.5 billion and charge at most $500?.. whyvof course..you make those who need to watch multiple games ( who could do that with ease on directv) buy 2 accounts..that would be $1000 for what would cost $350 ( premium plan) with directv...sounds like a homerun for youtube tv ..ching ching let those cash registers ring..the pure genius of googles plan..

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs and meStevo
This just gets more and more obsessive. Now it is Google won't make money off it and It'll be more expensive next year.
They all read like hypocrites when they write that, did they ever complain when DirecTV was losing money on it, or were they ok with it since it was on their TV Provider of choice.
Alphabet’s cash on hand is $118 billion dollars, even if it losses half what the fee is, it will not even be noticed.

Also, we all know Google has other ways of making money off ST then just selling subscriptions to it.

How do you make money when you pay 2.5 billion and charge at most $500?..
DirecTV was losing over $600-700 million a year on ST since the last contract was signed in 2017, did you ever complain about that?

Or, then in your opinion, it was ok for a company that has lost over 10 million subscribers since 2017 to be losing that much money?

No one knows yet how many subs they will sell, but you can keep putting up fake news that it is $500 if it makes you feel better.

I paid $250 for it, not $500.

DirecTV was losing over $600-700 million a year on ST since the last contract was signed in 2017, did you ever complain about that?

Or, then in your opinion, it was ok for a company that has lost over 10 million subscribers since 2017 to be losing that much money?

No one knows yet how many subs they will sell, but you can keep putting up fake news that it is $500 if it makes you feel better.

I paid $250 for it, not $500.
Thats why they got rid of it...it makes zero financial sense to out bid them for it by a billion dollars

and then they would loose there asses by giving it away to try and retain subs
I always thought it was a mistake to give it away in the last year, that just creates more people to seek it out, for example, how many now cancel DirecTV to get ST with YTTV, at a price that is less then DirecTV by itself.

From what I have read and learned from my new job, giving it away did not slow down the churn in the 4th quarter last year, which was why they did it.

I always thought it was a mistake to give it away in the last year, that just creates more people to seek it out, for example, how many now cancel DirecTV to get ST with YTTV, at a price that is less then DirecTV by itself.

From what I have read and learned from my new job, giving it away did not slow down the churn in the 4th quarter last year, which was why they did it.
Nobody has to cancel directv..sunday ticket is available alacart..lots of sports on directv that youtube tv has no interest in carrying...google getting sunday ticket probably won't drive subscriptions to youtube tv..google needs something like the AFC or NFC contract to do that..much like fox did it

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs and meStevo
google needs something like the AFC or NFC contract to do that..much like fox did it
Wow, could your posts get more idiotic , why would they need the contracts for those when they already carry the channels that has that content.

As far as other sports go, I assume you mean the RSNs, I have posted links after links showing those channels do not get good ratings, one of the last links I posted showed the NY Yankees was averaging a tad over 200,000 watching the game on Yes, in a metro area of 20 million, that is all who were watching.

Remember, the RSNs are in Bankruptcy (Ballys) or some are shutting dows (AT&T), rhe biggest provider that does carry them , DirecTV, who has the most sports, has lost 12 million subs in 7 years, while the services that do not carry them (YTTV and Hulu Live) are picking up subscribers.

Wow, could your posts get more idiotic , why would they need the contracts for those when they already carry the channels that has that content.

As far as other sports go, I assume you mean the RSNs, I have posted links after links showing those channels do not get good ratings, one of the last links I posted showed the NY Yankees was averaging a tad over 200,000 watching the game on Yes, in a metro area of 20 million, that is all who were watching.

Remember, the RSNs are in Bankruptcy (Ballys) or some are shutting dows (AT&T), rhe biggest provider that does carry them , DirecTV, who has the most sports, has lost 12 million subs in 7 years, while the services that do not carry them (YTTV and Hulu Live) are picking up subscribers.
I guess you don't understand sports fans wanting to watch sports

Okay, time for more warnings. STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER POSTERS! NEXT ONE GETS A VACATION!

Reactions: Yespage
I am a disabled confused how the pricing goes I am going to get Youtube Tv here are my questions

1 The plan you get is it the same plan you will have in the 2024 season with out the $100 2023 Discount

2 Will Youtube Tv have automatic Renewal in 2024 ?

3 Can you pause the 72.99 a month fee after season ends and the start it back up a month before season stars in 2024

I am a disabled confused how the pricing goes I am going to get Youtube Tv here are my questions

1 The plan you get is it the same plan you will have in the 2024 season with out the $100 2023 Discount
no one knows yet
2 Will Youtube Tv have automatic Renewal in 2024 ?
no one knows yet
3 Can you pause the 72.99 a month fee after season ends and the start it back up a month before season stars in 2024
You can just cancel and start back up next year.

If you have a TV Provider already that you wish to keep, just sign up for the You Tube Version, that way you are not paying for two providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.